Random contest alert

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
screenshot5.jpg

So im getting random alerts everyday from someone/place telling me i won some prize. When i click on it, it will send me to a website asking fo my phone number and other info( i just close the window never fill out the forms) Does anyone know how to stop this? or have any of you received this? Just started to happen when i got my Rezound.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
It's tied in to an app that you have installed. I can't remember the name of the program offhand, but your best bet is to uninstall any apps that you installed about the time they started showing up. Reinstall one at a time until you find the culprit.

You can also look at the installed apps on the Market, as there is a good chance their is a review calling the app out for that reason.

Reactions: LdotAdot13

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I also got this message today, but I've already forgotten which app I was using. I just backed out of whatever it was.

I believe, but am not positive that it was flashlight (not the stock one, but the one from android market)

whatever it was, I just turned it off immediately. I'm still at the new toy stage, so I often find myself mindlessly clicking on things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa