htc Thunderbolt or Rezound camera

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Which should i get?
The htc Thunderbolt or the Rezound? Which has the better camera for still pictures?
I cant think of anything that the Thunderbolt does that the Rezound does not do better. My brother-in-law has a Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt is 2 generations behind the Rezound.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Is it worth the extra $200 smackers?

Having used both phones, the Rezound seems to be an improvement on the Thunderbolt, I paid $50 on upgrade for it, and i thought it was worth it. If I was paying $200+ on upgrade, I personally would have passed.

Display - 384,000 vs 921,600 pixels. The very small text on my Rezound is sharp, same size text on my Thunderbolt is fuzzy. Overall though, a noticeable substantial but not a huge improvement.

Camera - I think the Rezound is slightly better plus it has 1080p video recording (Thunderbolt has 720p).

Speed - Rezound is slightly faster. Again, noticeable substantial but not a huge improvement.

Data Connection - I have found that the Rezound has better data, especially because I am sometimes in an area of weak signal, and the Thunderbolt would sometimes drop out and take a long time to recover. Speed wise, my peak on the Thunderbolt was about 25mbps, on my Rezound, I was able to get 44mbps. With the latest radio, the Thunderbolt radio is good, but personally I feel the Rezound radio is slightly better.

Storage - The Rezound has 16gb internal/16gb sd card, which translates to about 2gb on phone, 10gb internal, and 16gb sd card. Thunderbolt has about 2gb on phone, and 32gb sd card. So you can add the internal storage with the sd card for a little more storage.

The Rezound also has other things like beats, mhl capability, and guaranteed ics without the need for root which may or may not matter to some people.

I am not saying that the Thunderbolt is bad, but to me, stock for stock, the Rezound is slightly better in almost every area.

Of course, the Thunderbolt has better dev support if that is important to you.

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Having used both phones, the Rezound seems to be an improvement on the Thunderbolt, I paid $50 on upgrade for it, and i thought it was worth it. If I was paying $200+ on upgrade, I personally would have passed.

Display - 384,000 vs 921,600 pixels. The very small text on my Rezound is sharp, same size text on my Thunderbolt is fuzzy. Overall though, a noticeable substantial but not a huge improvement.

Camera - I think the Rezound is slightly better plus it has 1080p video recording (Thunderbolt has 720p).

Speed - Rezound is slightly faster. Again, noticeable substantial but not a huge improvement.

Data Connection - I have found that the Rezound has better data, especially because I am sometimes in an area of weak signal, and the Thunderbolt would sometimes drop out and take a long time to recover. Speed wise, my peak on the Thunderbolt was about 25mbps, on my Rezound, I was able to get 44mbps. With the latest radio, the Thunderbolt radio is good, but personally I feel the Rezound radio is slightly better.

Storage - The Rezound has 16gb internal/16gb sd card, which translates to about 2gb on phone, 10gb internal, and 16gb sd card. Thunderbolt has about 2gb on phone, and 32gb sd card. So you can add the internal storage with the sd card for a little more storage.

The Rezound also has other things like beats, mhl capability, and guaranteed ics without the need for root which may or may not matter to some people.

I am not saying that the Thunderbolt is bad, but to me, stock for stock, the Rezound is slightly better in almost every area.

I have to agree and for me it was well worth the upgrade. In my area where I have bad coverage my previous phones would drop the calls (DroidX, TB, boyfriend's OG Droid and his Dinc2) my Rezound hasn't dropped any so far. Also, I hated trying to watch a movie on my TB thru Flixster. It was either delayed by sound matching up w/ someone talking or constant buffering. W/ my Rezound I don't have that problem anymore.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Is it worth the extra $200 smackers?
IMO, yes, definitely. But it depends on how much you use your phone, and how anal you are about the features.

Dual Core and 720p are a big deal to me. And I use my phone all day, every day. So for me it was definitely worth it. My roommate only uses his phone for occasional web/email and phone calls. He has an iPhone 3GS and needs nothing more.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
That will depend on what kind of apps you are running.

The Thunderbolt has a very smooth interface to be sure. Even for a 1ghz single core phone, it feels fast. But the Rezound is double or triple the speed, and if you run processor-intensive apps, that is something you will notice.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree and for me it was well worth the upgrade. In my area where I have bad coverage my previous phones would drop the calls (DroidX, TB, boyfriend's OG Droid and his Dinc2) my Rezound hasn't dropped any so far. Also, I hated trying to watch a movie on my TB thru Flixster. It was either delayed by sound matching up w/ someone talking or constant buffering. W/ my Rezound I don't have that problem anymore.

the stronger data connection will help people who are in weak signal areas. Those in strong signal areas probably won't notice a difference. The Rezound both has a higher data connection speed and keeps the connection better than my Thunderbolt.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That will depend on what kind of apps you are running.

The Thunderbolt has a very smooth interface to be sure. Even for a 1ghz single core phone, it feels fast. But the Rezound is double or triple the speed, and if you run processor-intensive apps, that is something you will notice.

Very true, I use mainly e-mail, web browsing, Netflix, Pandora, and the like, so not really cpu intensive programs. I am sure more demanding apps would load quicker, but not really that noticeable to me.

jbigdog23

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

What's better dev support mean?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95