Worst battery, can't figure this out.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, well there's been other threads about this, and I've read most if not all. I've tried what everyone suggested in those threads. Still lousy battery. I even went out and bought the extended battery and case yesterday hoping to improve it.

Charged all last night, it was at 99% this morning. Within an hour and a half it's down to 80% and I haven't even done anything. Was just browsing through the settings for 5 minutes and it went down another 1%.

I've removed a bunch of apps (some I really liked too) background data off, screen timeout at 1 minute, brightness at 26% (indoors), no wifi, no bluetooth, no gps.

This is nuts. I'm actually used to it somewhat, came from Blackberry Storm 2 which had sucky battery, but I was really hoping for a way better experience this time.

I'm using juice defender, doesn't seem to do me any good. No improvement with it at all. :'(

Don't know what else I can try.

FYI, unlocked, rooted, CleanRom1.5.5

Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried just about everything I've read out here.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Maybe a particular app has gone rogue or the phone could be defective? I have the extended battery, and if it was at 99% and I hadn't used it in an hour and a half, I MIGHT lose a few percent, at most. With minimal use my phone has gone 30+ hours and still had about 10-15% left. From what your saying, yours wouldn't make it 12 hours with minimal use. Something sounds way off. I know that's probably not much help, except to give you a comparison of what you probably should be seeing.

Note: Stock, not unlocked, not rooted, etc.

Last edited:

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
You definitely have a problem that isn’t ‘normal.’ I came from a Storm 1 to a Dinc to the Rezound. BB life was sort of OK. Dinc was not. When I bought the Rezound, I just figured battery life was going to be bad so I bought the extended battery and never even used the original.

Imagine my surprise when I wound up getting 24 to 36 hours with light to medium usage. Since the latest upgrade, that has fallen a bit, but not to the point where I would change anything major. (FYI – Rezound is unrooted, stock, and no live wallpaper - on 3G, no LTE here).

Did you check your battery use stats? Seems like some of the battery killers aren’t necessarily showing up (looks directly at Verizon Location Agent…). Also check your running apps. You could try deleting these one at a time to see if it makes a difference (you can always reinstall if they are OK).

Since you are comfortable messing with your OS, try reflashing your CleanRom or a different rom altogether. Worst comes to worst, take it back – there is unquestionably a problem…

Last edited:

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I actually found a "Rezound battery" thread under the Thunderbolt forum. Saying that might need to use the battery a few days and keep bump charged before it will "settle in" so going to give that a shot. It does seem like the new extended battery was discharging even quicker than the stock battery.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I actually found a "Rezound battery" thread under the Thunderbolt forum. Saying that might need to use the battery a few days and keep bump charged before it will "settle in" so going to give that a shot. It does seem like the new extended battery was discharging even quicker than the stock battery.

Same thing for me. I thought the ext. batt. owners were deliruous and it was all a bad joke for 2-3days. It just needs a few full discharge/recharges before it will show it's true colors. You'll see marked improvements in batt. life soon. So don't give up on your Rez, yet.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Same thing for me. I thought the ext. batt. owners were deliruous and it was all a bad joke for 2-3days. It just needs a few full discharge/recharges before it will show it's true colors. You'll see marked improvements in batt. life soon. So don't give up on your Rez, yet.

Love the phone too much to give up for this. Like I said I have chargers everywhere, plus my original battery as a spare just in case. Should not be a problem.

FYI, today it seems to be better, over 60% left since 4:30 this morning ( now just after 5PM). I did do bump charging a little at work, and plugged it in when I got in the car. But the 1st day it got under 20% 3 times in 12 hours and I was bump charging on and off all day.

Improving, so relieved. Hoping for som-mo:)