Moving Apps

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have searched and searched and can't find exactly what I am looking for.

So I can nearly swear on my first Rezound I could move apps to my sd card I put in the phone. On this Rezound I can only move them to the 10 gb internal sd card.

It's not a big deal either way, because I don't move many apps to the sd card but I really thought I could move them to the external sd card.

Can they be moved to the external sd card or am I just mistaken?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that the 10GB internal SD is listed as "SD card" which is where apps2SD will move things. I'm fairly sure that you can swap mountpoints and solve this issue, but honestly apps2sd doesn't do much anymore given that we have so much space now.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yep very true apps2sd isn't needed with new generation of androids. But the problem is so many folks feel the need to move to SD card. Its a bad habit they need to we in them selves of off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So...

Basically what I am getting from the above is that there is no reason to have any SD card in this phone...?

Lego

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I use the SD card to back up contacts / photos / ringtones / notifcations / etc.....

I can drop it out and copy to my PC...

Just wondering why put an sd slot in the phone if the phone is not going to use it..

I have on occasion had my Dinc and my Rezound freak and default back to new phone status erasing everything... The only salvation was the back ups on my SD.

Lego

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that the 10GB internal SD is listed as "SD card" which is where apps2SD will move things. I'm fairly sure that you can swap mountpoints and solve this issue, but honestly apps2sd doesn't do much anymore given that we have so much space now.

I agree. I was just more or less wondering. How about this though. Say I had to do a hard reset on my phone, or I downloaded the ICS leak which erases all my data. I use mybackup pro to save my texts and call log, and use the backup feature in Dolphin HD to back up my browser settings. Is there a way to make sure it saves to the external sd card instead of the one about to be erased?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Most manufacturers are doing away with separate SD cards. Its all about cloud storage. Also like stated before we had only 256 and mere year later we have 2gb or more.
I use the SD card to back up contacts / photos / ringtones / notifcations / etc.....

I can drop it out and copy to my PC...

Just wondering why put an sd slot in the phone if the phone is not going to use it..

I have on occasion had my Dinc and my Rezound freak and default back to new phone status erasing everything... The only salvation was the back ups on my SD.

Lego

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I was just more or less wondering. How about this though. Say I had to do a hard reset on my phone, or I downloaded the ICS leak which erases all my data. I use mybackup pro to save my texts and call log, and use the backup feature in Dolphin HD to back up my browser settings. Is there a way to make sure it saves to the external sd card instead of the one about to be erased?

Find out where the backups are(if you're not given a choice) and move them to external SD? Or if you're rooted just use Titanium and call it a day..??

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
As long u don't do a factory reset or wipe your internal SD card is saved. And with Google u can use drive to back up stuff to the cloud 5gb free also use Google music to sync your music library.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty