Rezound Official ICS Update Shelved?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Who at HTC made you a promise? You got a leaked release date? Why didnt you share. If you had an official one that was a not a screen shot of a spreadsheet my 12 year old could make, you should have shared.

Oh wait, you just want to post a fatalistic headline for what shock value? Must of been because this kinda stuff adds no value whatsoever....

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
it isn't shelved, they never gave a specific date. Unless you have somewhere where htc explicitly promised a date.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Oh wait, you just want to post a fatalistic headline for what shock value? Must of been because this kinda stuff adds no value whatsoever....
Well,it was an eye-catching Thread title. Still expecting ICS by the end of this month. T-Mobile's Sensation is getting ICS now, their Amaze4G in a couple weeks, and AT&T's Vivid has had it for awhile now. It should be the Rezound's turn soon enough.

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I was actually told this yesterday by Verizon that the rezound would not be getting the update till everything else does if at all...so could be true..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I was actually told this yesterday by Verizon that the rezound would not be getting the update till everything else does if at all...so could be true..

A Verizon rep telling you the Rezound might not get ICS? They are so knowledgeable.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Some verizon reps talk out of their... back side.

I wouldn't trust verizon reps for news on upcoming releases. Heck I even have trouble having verizon reps honoring policies and prices posted on Verizon official website.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Some verizon reps talk out of their... back side.

I wouldn't trust verizon reps for news on upcoming releases. Heck I even have trouble having verizon reps honoring policies and prices posted on Verizon official website.

With new upgrade fees in place, said to be to help fund employee training. I decided to call and ask a csr if they were aware of the forthcoming plan changes. Upon hanging up, I quickly realized, not a dime has been spent, yet.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Who at HTC made you a promise? You got a leaked release date? Why didnt you share. If you had an official one that was a not a screen shot of a spreadsheet my 12 year old could make, you should have shared.

SurfingJerry's status:

[ ] Not Told
[X] Told

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, only there have been so many posts in this forum somehow related to ICS. ICS which was said by htc to be released early this year (it's officially past early) while leak date rumors abound (doesn't matter the source).
But, really, I'm shelving my expectations that it will ever be released. The Rezound isn't commanding market share, so it should be easy to push to the side.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, only there have been so many posts in this forum somehow related to ICS. ICS which was said by htc to be released early this year (it's officially past early) while leak date rumors abound (doesn't matter the source).
But, really, I'm shelving my expectations that it will ever be released. The Rezound isn't commanding market share, so it should be easy to push to the side.

Uhhh, the Rezound hasn't commanded much of anything since its release. I mean have you seen a commercial, heard a Verizon rep say "Yeah the HTC Rezound, best hands down hardware we have available right now", maybe even seen a favorable review other than by one of us? The Rezound was engineered by wizards and sold by the village idiot.

On the update topic, the last official word was "later this year". Which in PR terms mean "You'll be lucky if it comes out this year". It's like your parents saying "maybe".

Reactions: bigdaddytee

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Really bad topic title. Factually false and intentionally so. Should be deleted IMHO.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Uhhh, the Rezound hasn't commanded much of anything since its release. I mean have you seen a commercial, heard a Verizon rep say "Yeah the HTC Rezound, best hands down hardware we have available right now", maybe even seen a favorable review other than by one of us? The Rezound was engineered by wizards and sold by the village idiot.

On the update topic, the last official word was "later this year". Which in PR terms mean "You'll be lucky if it comes out this year". It's like your parents saying "maybe".

I+do+belive+I+have+shat+my+pantaloons.jpg

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
It's like your parents saying "maybe".

Exactly. This is why whiners are throwing temper tantrum rants on forums and comment sections. Of course the other solution of naming a date, then postponing it would still have the same effect. It's human nature to complain, I suppose.

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I enjoy my rezound, ICS or not, I have had a Nexus and will simply leave that with a "no thanks". I simply don't see Verizon letting ICS be put on anything before the RAZR line. Look at the money they have invested in that phone.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. This is why whiners are throwing temper tantrum rants on forums and comment sections. Of course the other solution of naming a date, then postponing it would still have the same effect. It's human nature to complain, I suppose.

What do you call your OP? I would call it passive/aggressive whining and ing. I guess it is just in your nature.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

It's a winless situation for VZ. They are damned if they do & damned if they don't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer