Movie services

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Besides google play movies what are some movies services that gives current releases to rent or buy

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Huh...pretty empty in here....
Anyway, Netflix? Blockbuster? Those are pretty much the remaining options.

But between you and me, you could just download them and put them on your phone. Shh, there's people coming. You didn't hear it from me. :-X

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
We also have HTC Watch on the Rezound which continues to work if you root your phone, unlike Google Movies. They run a lot of $.50 specials which is the only reason I still use it.

One downside to HTC Watch is that you can only watch your rented/purchased videos on the device you rented/purchased them with. So if you rent a movie on your phone you can't watch it on your computer.

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
We also have HTC Watch on the Rezound which continues to work if you root your phone, unlike Google Movies. They run a lot of $.50 specials which is the only reason I still use it.

One downside to HTC Watch is that you can only watch your rented/purchased videos on the device you rented/purchased them with. So if you rent a movie on your phone you can't watch it on your computer.

I look on the market for htc watch but didn't find it can you tell me where I can find it

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
So that just sucks if I wanna watch movies on my phone I have to use google play movies but I can't because I'm rooted. those batturds at google got it blocked for rooted phones apparently due to copyright issues

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Grab the blu-ray copy and use the digital version to transfer to your personal media server(if you have one), then return the blu-ray and stream away(for free) lol.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So that just sucks if I wanna watch movies on my phone I have to use google play movies but I can't because I'm rooted. those batturds at google got it blocked for rooted phones apparently due to copyright issues
You can give this a shot Voodoo OTA RootKeeper: http://market.android.com/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.otarootkeeper
I downloaded it thinking that it might solve this problem but I just haven't found a movie that I want to watch so I haven't tried it yet. If you decide to try it let us know how it works.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk 2

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay from aside from piratebay.org what else is there that is good

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay from aside from piratebay.org what else is there that is good

Dovakiin said it, Netflix and blockbuster. If you want to pay for it there you go. What are you looking for?
I love Netflix so I pay for that. But blockbuster and Google play are way behind and don't rent everything you want to watch. Adownloader is a great alternative. Its in the playstore so it is under the watchful eye of Google.

All you have to do is open Google play store and as they say GOOGLE it.

Last edited:

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Crackle is also a great app for watching shows like sinfeld and other things like anime shows. And it also has some ok movies like resident evil, plus it's free.

You know what they say, all toasters toast toast.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Crackle is also a great app for watching shows like sinfeld and other things like anime shows. And it also has some ok movies like resident evil, plus it's free.

I thought I read somewhere that apple was buying crackle and pulling it from android. I used to use crackle but it seemed laggy and it would open in the background alot. You also don't see new releases unless that has changed. Is it still in the market? If so that is a good app if the bugs are worked out.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that apple was buying crackle and pulling it from android. I used to use crackle but it seemed laggy and it would open in the background alot. You also don't see new releases unless that has changed. Is it still in the market? If so that is a good app if the bugs are worked out.

It's still available, and seems like a good app. I didn't hear about that with apple.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It's still available, and seems like a good app. I didn't hear about that with apple.

Yea I read it somewhere. Its been awhile. Originally I thought Verizon was going to buy crackle then I thought I had heard apple was going to buy crackle. Maybe rim will buy crackle. lol

bserey

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
That seems to be an iphone site not an android one

I go there on my PC download the movie or show, then transfer them to my Rezound. Shuffling them in and out I always have something to watch when needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87