Found my battery issue......

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Got my problem figured out. This may or may not help someone.

Here's my setup:
Stock Rezound
Verizon Extended Battery/Back with the beltloop case.
Battery life 16-18 hours with moderate to heavy useage.

Here's my symptoms:
Phone will show a WiFi connection out of sleep but will normally not connect.
WiFi toggled on and then off SOMETIMES fixes the issue.
4G will have full signal but will drop out as soon as you try to download something.
Phone calls will drop out about 60% of the time.
Battery life now at 8 to 9 hours MAX.

Went to Verizon store. We did a hard reset and swapped the sim card. I already knew this most likely wouldn't work as the symptoms point to a bad radio.
Restarted phone, same symptoms.
Verizon Rep tried to tell me the phone was in airplane mode. (While I was looking at it saying 4G)

Luckily for me, there was a Verizon Engineer there. He looked at the phone, ran some diagnostics and agreed with me that the radios were messed up.

Now, I have a Assurance replacement on the way. Should be here Monday. HOPEFULLY that will be the end of the problems.

I don't know if this helps anyone or not but if your phone is acting weird and not keeping signal right, that may be your issue. The bad radios are running as hard as they can and it's draining the battery. Just thought I'd throw this out there to see if it helps someone.

uncoolcracker

May 26, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people have been having issues with dropped 4g. Mine drops to nothing periodically also to 1x. My wife's tbolt has been doing the same thing.

astounded by my rezound

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people have been having issues with dropped 4g. Mine drops to nothing periodically also to 1x. My wife's tbolt has been doing the same thing.

astounded by my rezound

For over 3 weeks? This isn't a network issue. The radio in the phone is fried. I'm trying to let people know in case they have similar issues.

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
My replacement phone is getting replaced this week for the same reason. Verizon agreed it was a defective phone too.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, might be my problem as well. My phone drops 4g to 3g to 1x to nothing all the time. Drives me nuts!

Before I can think about talking to Verizon, I would need to go back to stock with s-on....

--------------------------------------------------
There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. --Ash

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing this issue pop up more and more on different threads. Beginning to wonder if there was maybe a bad batch of Rezounds or something. Still love my Rezound and looking forward to getting my replacement.