Screen black while on call

mjp9775

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The screen goes black whenever i'm on a call. I'm on an unlocked Rezound with stock ICS. I know before the ICS update, anytime I pulled the phone away from my ear, I could see the screen and the options to use the dial pad. Now I have to press the lock button at the top just to get the screen to come back on and even then it only lasts for a second.

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap I thought it was just me! I even had Verizon send me a replacement phone haha. I guess it's just another ICS issue. Thanks HTC.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I was just going to bring this up. Take phone away from ear screen is black and you have to hit power button to bring screen back up to hit end call.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I would guess the ICS update has screwed up the proximity sensor. It sure makes using keypad prompts on an automated phone systems a pain.

BigDNY#AC

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
i have the same problem.. Sometimes if im on the phone long enough my phone locks and its like hell to get the screen on long enough to unlock the phone. I have to wait until the call ends. I was going to call VZ again for replacement 3.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Same here, the proximity sensor works fine on both of my Rezounds with GB and ICS, move the phone away from my ear and the screen lights up like magic, every time.

On several phones I have seen this issue caused by the case, screen protectors, makeup/dirt on the phone, and anything else that could block the proximity detector. I have also seen these sensors fail, my Incredible 2 had one that failed and I have seen Motorolas and Samsungs do the same thing in my office, actually not a horribly uncommon occurrence.

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem before my replacement rezound. Screen would go blank and then lock. I couldn't unlock my phone or even hang up. I had to pull the battery a few times just because the person on the other end didn't hang up plus I could even if I tried. Extremely annoying!!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yup, my current phone is a replacement, number three. Number two had that problem. Number 4 will be here today. This number three cannot keep 4g connection.

The one coming today will be my last rezound. If it doesnt work right, I will get a diffrent phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

wera729

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine does this. I think it's my screen protector. When it happens I wipe the top of the screen where the sensor is and the screen lights up.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's NOT the screen protector. My second rezound was exactly the same and I had no screen protector on it. Your phone is bad, sorry.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone on Friday and it didn't work from the start. Nothing i can do until they receive my Thunderbolt

OME6A

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
If you have this, or any issue from the ICS update, you should request a replacement. There's no better way to get this thing fixed than requesting replacements.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I think i found a fix. hit settings>accessibility>check turn of phone with power button

now the screen won't go black

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I think i found a fix. hit settings>accessibility>check turn of phone with power button

now the screen won't go black

There is no setting for that. Did you mean "Power button ends call"?

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
this is strange, if i have a contract sync`d to facebook it goes black. A non sync?d contact stays visible.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
see if you can go to the play store and get a proxemity sensor calibrated??? I'm at a loss may be they got complaints from idiots that don't hold their phone rite and and press a bunch of random during a call this is why I love my rom I can choose to have NY keypad out and it do sent ha e this issue may be HTC will send out a a bug fix but don't hold your breath

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699