Outlook.com app and its calendar

Artess

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm thinking about buying an Android phone to replace my recently deceased Windows Phone. I'd like to ask you experienced users whether you think this app will be good enough for me to easily switch. I rely on Outlook contacts, mail and calendar very much, so I'm wondering if with the help of this app I'll be able to keep using them as easily as I'm used to on a WP, or will I have to get used to screaming in frustration because of this? Thanks =)

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm thinking about buying an Android phone to replace my recently deceased Windows Phone. I'd like to ask you experienced users whether you think this app will be good enough for me to easily switch. I rely on Outlook contacts, mail and calendar very much, so I'm wondering if with the help of this app I'll be able to keep using them as easily as I'm used to on a WP, or will I have to get used to screaming in frustration because of this? Thanks =)

Is your "Outlook" information from Exchange (ie a corporate email server) or a local copy of Outlook that is just syncing to Pop3/IMAP accounts? If you are syncing to Exchange/ActiveSync there is no issue, it will work perfectly.

And if the later, what version of Outlook? 2010 and earlier are no issue, later versions are more difficult but hardly a show stopper.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Artess

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Is your "Outlook" information from Exchange (ie a corporate email server) or a local copy of Outlook that is just syncing to Pop3/IMAP accounts? If you are syncing to Exchange/ActiveSync there is no issue, it will work perfectly.

And if the later, what version of Outlook? 2010 and earlier are no issue, later versions are more difficult but hardly a show stopper.

Uh, no, I'm actually using an email address at outlook.com (and live.com), so I'm worried about syncing my outlook.com Microsoft account rather than the mail client. I don't want to transfer all my contacts and calendars to Google services just yet, so I'm wondering if I'll be able to actually do so and have no serious issues.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Uh, no, I'm actually using an email address at outlook.com (and live.com), so I'm worried about syncing my outlook.com Microsoft account rather than the mail client. I don't want to transfer all my contacts and calendars to Google services just yet, so I'm wondering if I'll be able to actually do so and have no serious issues.

Yes, for that situation Microsoft makes an app for that: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...apps/details?id=com.outlook.Z7&token=rsOgRvfL

Should be exactly what your looking for.

Belcantor

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Speed, speed, speed. Haven't seen the cloud app yet that is quick as locally loaded software. Nor as customizable. I often cut and paste the various appointments, they are universally available in all my office 10 apps. and again. Speed. Cloud apps are so slow. constant screen redraws every time you change any element. They just crawl compared to local software.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non