01-07-2017 07:52 PM
55 123
tools
    Took me a while, but it looks like it was the Battery Watcher widget that was causing it. I made a new home screen and added every app back but no widgets. then I kept adding my widgets back until that one gave me the Sense has stopped. Weird cause I've had that app for years with no problems.
    i have had the same issue with Sense stopped.
    removed batter widget and looks like it help i will knew more tomorrow with full day use. Thanks to everyone for the input. not doing a factory reset too much stuff on the phone, i am not "not rooted"
    06-03-2013 12:34 AM
    Well I have KeyRing and the stock browser enabled. I may try to dis able the stock browser. Will one of my other browsers step up and take its place? I know with IE on the pc you can't do some windows things without it, so will this be like that? I will miss KeyRing if it turns out to be the issue, but I will miss the issue far less then KeyRing, so if it has to go, it has to go.
    06-03-2013 08:39 AM
    Well I have KeyRing and the stock browser enabled. I may try to dis able the stock browser. Will one of my other browsers step up and take its place? I know with IE on the pc you can't do some windows things without it, so will this be like that? I will miss KeyRing if it turns out to be the issue, but I will miss the issue far less then KeyRing, so if it has to go, it has to go.
    I have had the stock browser disabled and Boat Browser set as default for some time, I have had no negative issues whatsoever.
    06-03-2013 09:19 AM
    I dumped Key Ring and have not had any problems since Saturday. I hope this is it. I see it doesn't fix everyone's phone though.
    06-03-2013 10:46 AM
    I dumped Key Ring and have not had any problems since Saturday. I hope this is it. I see it doesn't fix everyone's phone though.
    Interestingly, on custom ROM, continued to have (less frequent) issues. As an experiment, removed Keyring; then reinstalled. Sense crashed immediately after reinstall. Uninstalled and switched to CardStar. Will see whether that fixes things.
    06-04-2013 04:38 PM
    I also haven't had an issue since removing Key Ring this past Saturday. I'd been experiencing this issue several times per day leading up to that, so I'm very confident now that this was the issue with my device. Based on this thread, it sounds like people are encountering similar sense issues with different apps. I just want to re-iterate that my issues with Key Ring often occurred while I was using other apps and hadn't even been running Key Ring since my previous reset. If you receive this error while running a particular app, don't assume that the current app you have open is causing the issue...
    06-04-2013 07:39 PM
    Hi all - it's Ross here, I'm one of the developers at Key Ring. We received a few emails recently which I think originated with this thread. We did release a big update recently, but going thorough all of the features, code, fixes, etc.... I can't think of anything that would cause Sense to crash. Perhaps if it was related to the widget, but we didn't make any changes to the widget for this release (note to self: we really need to update the widget).

The only other thing we've received a couple of emails about is the Key Ring icon disappearing on the phone and reverting to a standard Android icon. We did change the icon in this build, maybe something weird with the resource?

Anyway, if it is Key Ring that's causing the issue I'll make sure we do whatever it takes to get it fixed. Not having seen this on any of our HTC devices we have in house can someone help provide some more info about what happens after Sense crashes? Do you have to reboot? Any way to run something like MX Log Collector to see if there is any more info in the syslog?
    06-05-2013 04:59 PM

Anyway, if it is Key Ring that's causing the issue I'll make sure we do whatever it takes to get it fixed. Not having seen this on any of our HTC devices we have in house can someone help provide some more info about what happens after Sense crashes? Do you have to reboot? Any way to run something like MX Log Collector to see if there is any more info in the syslog?
    Hello Ross,
    I too had my doubts it was key ring but I am now second guessing that. I traveled all day yesterday and by the end of the day and this morning I was getting Sense reloads every few minutes. I went ahead and deleted key ring and I am now a half day into it with no reloads. There are only a handful of apps that myself and my wife have in common and this is one of them, and she is having the problem as well. I have never used the widget. Sense has always crashed for me after using Chrome for more than a few minutes, I have not experienced that today either. I have had keyring on this phone since I got it. This usually does not require a reboot, and lately no "HTC Sense has stopped". Normally once I go back to the home screen it will be blank and then rebuild itself. Please let me know if you have any questions.
    06-05-2013 05:24 PM
    The only change I have made to my HTC Rezound after a bunch of experiments, is removing Key Ring. Have not had any problems since Saturday. It was doing the "HTC Sense unexpectedly stopped" about 10 times a day... After pressing OK, it then rebooted that resource/app and the desktop reappeared. While it was crashed, there was no access to your apps, or desktop. You could access the notifications bar though.
    06-05-2013 07:22 PM
    I've had the 'Unfortunately, HTC Sense has stopped working' message several times a day since May 21. I called verizon on May 31 thinking it must be the hardware. They agreed and sent out new (i.e. reconditioned like new) phone. End of first day on new phone, same issues with the annoying 'stopped working' messages, but they expanded to include Settings and a couple others. So frustrating.

Reluctantly I uninstalled Key Ring today and haven't had any more problems. Let us know if there's an update from Key Ring to fix the problem. PS - I really don't like the update on Key Ring, but I did use the app alot.
    06-05-2013 11:09 PM
    First off, I want to thanks and give some respect to rossbates as the developer of Key Ring to hear about an issue with their software, and come to the forum and try to help. Thank You.

What they are looking for is something to go on so they can fix it, and they need your help gathering log files or something that they can use to fix the problem. They need someone (preferably rooted, just makes it easier) to capture some logging with software like https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...h.logcollector or just a simple logcat would be something for them to go on.

Users: this is amazing thing from Key Ring! Don't walk away from it, I have seen less than 4 companies ever come to some android forum to help users because of a problem they had, and I use 3 of those already because I know the product is quality and the author actually cares. I would do this but I do not use Key Ring, didn't even know what it was before this issue was posted here, I really hope someone who has/had the issue will take the time to help this author out.
    06-06-2013 05:19 AM
    I would provide log files but I'm not rooted, and don't know how to get them. I did get one file from OS Monitor but I doubt that was deep enough to get to the root of the problem. Thanks everyone and especially Ross for searching us out and trying to dig deeper to fix the app (if it is indeed causing it).
    06-06-2013 09:26 AM
    First off, I want to thanks and give some respect to rossbates as the developer of Key Ring to hear about an issue with their software, and come to the forum and try to help. Thank You.

What they are looking for is something to go on so they can fix it, and they need your help gathering log files or something that they can use to fix the problem. They need someone (preferably rooted, just makes it easier) to capture some logging with software like https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...h.logcollector or just a simple logcat would be something for them to go on.

Users: this is amazing thing from Key Ring! Don't walk away from it, I have seen less than 4 companies ever come to some android forum to help users because of a problem they had, and I use 3 of those already because I know the product is quality and the author actually cares. I would do this but I do not use Key Ring, didn't even know what it was before this issue was posted here, I really hope someone who has/had the issue will take the time to help this author out.
    I am rooted; have installed the product and reinstalled Keyring. Will post/email the logfile when I get my next Sense crash.
    06-06-2013 11:38 AM
    Hi All - thanks for the patience and support as we work to get this figured out. I just ordered a Rezound off eBay and should have it by Monday. In the mean time.....

As mentioned above by acejavelin running MX Log Collector immediately after the crash could help us identify if there are any errors being logged by Key Ring immediately prior to the Sense crash. This works well on a majority of phones, for some reason on phones like the Galaxy S3 the logs are extremely limited. Hopefully we can get something useful. If someone is will to install this app all you need to do is launch it after a crash, it will prompt you to email the log. You can send it to me directly: rossbates at my mobestream.com email.

Also, if anyone else following the thread would be willing to test an experimental .apk file please get in touch. Stay tuned and thanks again!
    06-06-2013 11:38 AM
    I am rooted; have installed the product and reinstalled Keyring. Will post/email the logfile when I get my next Sense crash.
    Awesome, thank you. See my post above for where you can fwd the log.
    06-06-2013 11:40 AM
    Check your PM. Also emailed to Nicole.
    06-06-2013 03:29 PM
    Awesome, thank you. See my post above for where you can fwd the log.
    I'm also rooted (ironically I was motivated to do so because of this issue) and will attempt to capture a log as well. I'm on-board with helping resolve this issue and I am also glad to see the Key Ring development crew involved in this thread. I was actually looking forward to using the new Shopping Lists feature before I ran into this issue...
    06-06-2013 08:21 PM
    I also have issues with my rezound. For some reason, my dialer and phone icons are gone and I cannot restore it. I can see it on my apps list in settings but not in the apps section. My contact list disappeared and I cannot view the numbers when I have a missed call. I now have 38 missed calls and don't know who they are. Hope someone here can help me with this. Thanks.
    06-07-2013 01:32 AM
    I also have issues with my rezound. For some reason, my dialer and phone icons are gone and I cannot restore it. I can see it on my apps list in settings but not in the apps section. My contact list disappeared and I cannot view the numbers when I have a missed call. I now have 38 missed calls and don't know who they are. Hope someone here can help me with this. Thanks.
    Probably the wrong thread; you aren't getting the message "Unfortunately, HTC Sense has stopped," are you? You also don't indicate if you're rooted or stock, and if running a custom ROM which one.
    06-07-2013 11:39 AM
    Just an update that both myself and my wife have uninstalled key ring and going on 2 days with no sense reloads, neither of us are rooted. We both like the app so if there is anything we can do let me know
    06-07-2013 02:30 PM
    Not really related to this thread, but it sounds like you just deleted them by accident... they are easy to return if you have them in your app list.

First make sure you have a blank space on any home screen, then open apps and find "Phone" and long press it, it should pop a short-cut to the home screen that you can drop. Once it's there just long press again and drag it to the dock at the bottom of the screen. Repeat the process for the app called "People".
    06-07-2013 03:01 PM
    As far as the logs go where I mentioned "rooted" as an advantage, only for logcat and some apps that delve deep into the logs, otherwise being rooted is irrelevent... Hope people are not getting hung up on that, MX Log Collector does not require root at all.
    06-07-2013 03:02 PM
    is there a way to install the version of key ring before the may 21 update?
    06-07-2013 03:20 PM
    Many thanks to hgoldner#CB and RFclipse for getting the crash logs sent over. I'm pretty sure we've figured out what it going on. A new version (7.0.3) has been uploaded to the market. It may take a couple of hours to get distributed across their CDN if you aren't seeing it yet.

I'll check back in over the weekend. If anybody has any feedback in the mean time please let me know.

Cheers!
    Ross
    acejavelin, VidJunky and jmumomm like this.
    06-07-2013 04:09 PM
    I installed the updated Key Ring last night. Absolutely no problems today. So impressed with your response to the HTC issue!
    06-08-2013 03:38 PM
55 123