Maps not opening as default app

anon(862866)

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Whenever I click on an address whether on Yelp, the internet, or elsewhere, my Maps does not open - instead, it opens the Google Maps website on my internet (Dolphin Browser). I tried going to Settings -> App Associations, and "Physical Address" is set to Maps, but when I go to "Map Address," it only lets me choose Dolphin Browser. Do you have any idea on how I can change this so I can add Maps as the default app? I assume this will fix the problem I have.

Things that may help: I have not updated my Maps (I didn't like the new version... I'm on 6.6.0). I am on 4.0.3 and am un-rooted. I also have a few apps disabled such as the default Internet Browser and VZ Navigator, though I don't know if that makes a difference.

Any help is appreciated - thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could always reset all app preferences, although I can't remember if that's possible on 4.0.3. On Jellybean and above, go to Settings>Apps​, tap the Menu button, and you'll see the option to Reset App Preferences.

anon(862866)

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
You could always reset all app preferences, although I can't remember if that's possible on 4.0.3. On Jellybean and above, go to Settings>Apps​, tap the Menu button, and you'll see the option to Reset App Preferences.

Thanks, B. Diddy - unfortunately, 4.0.3 does not have that option. My only choice is to 'sort by size.'

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could always uninstall Dolphin temporarily, then click on an address link in Yelp, and see if it gives you a choice to select Google Maps. Then reinstall Dolphin.

anon(862866)

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
You could always uninstall Dolphin temporarily, then click on an address link in Yelp, and see if it gives you a choice to select Google Maps. Then reinstall Dolphin.

I uninstalled it and an address in Yelp automatically went to Google Maps. However, "Map address" until App Associations was no longer there. When I re-installed Dolphin, "Map address" came back and only had Dolphin Browser as an option. Again, when I click on directions for an address on Yelp, it goes to Dolphin Browser instead of Google Maps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38