Dying Rezound

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Had my Rezound for a bit over two years and not looks like it's on it's last legs. Lately, not only it has been taking forever for calls to be dialed and webpages appear, but a dozen times a day the phone freezes and "Loading ... " appears on the screen. It's almost as if it has exceeded it's useful life. I used to love this phone, but now using it more and more becoming a chore.

Do the others have similar issues?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This is common with prolonged usage... Have you tried clearing the cache partition or doing a factory default?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll charge it up and try clearing the cache. (I've used an app for that a few times.) Thanks for the detailed instructions.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll charge it up and try clearing the cache. (I've used an app for that a few times.) Thanks for the detailed instructions.

That probably only clears app's data cache... You should try clearing the cache partition via Recovery (stock or custom will work). If you still have issues after that I would recommend doing a factory reset.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That probably only clears app's data cache... You should try clearing the cache partition via Recovery (stock or custom will work). If you still have issues after that I would recommend doing a factory reset.

I would do that. If you have extended warranty, then they can troubleshoot and replace it free for you

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I should have thought about it months ago, not when I'm going to upgrade that line in three days and my Rezound becoming a paperweight. OTOH, I wouldn't have been able to be without it for whatever time they'd needed it for troubleshooting. I'm daily dependent on my phone for my work schedule.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I should have thought about it months ago, not when I'm going to upgrade that line in three days and my Rezound becoming a paperweight. OTOH, I wouldn't have been able to be without it for whatever time they'd needed it for troubleshooting. I'm daily dependent on my phone for my work schedule.
Clearing the cache is not destructive of any information and has almost no chance of any negative effects in any way, other than the time it takes for the cache to be rebuilt... the procedure takes only a minute or two, and the rebuild will take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes depending on the number of apps you have installed.

Or you can just wait for a new phone... your call.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Clearing the cache is not destructive of any information and has almost no chance of any negative effects in any way, other than the time it takes for the cache to be rebuilt... the procedure takes only a minute or two, and the rebuild will take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes depending on the number of apps you have installed.

Or you can just wait for a new phone... your call.

I did clear the cache as you recommended. Unfortunately, it helped only for about 48 hours. This morning, I was back to "Loading...." :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress