Post here if you have the OTA while running leaked MR2

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I also have the leaked mr2 and get no update available but on the plus side I haven't had a reboot since flashing mr2 so I don't really need anything else until gingerbread is released

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I did the same but while re-installing apps it has already had one random reboot. Might have to take a look at the Bionic when it comes out.

See of it was being overloaded since it was installing applications.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I did the same but while re-installing apps it has already had one random reboot. Might have to take a look at the Bionic when it comes out.

I dont think a reboot during re-install of a bunch of apps could be classified as random. I'd give it time.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Still no one with the leaked install that got the OTA? Wonder if whatever the system checks never changed with the "new" MR2? Guess I'll be manually installing it tomorrow.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
If you are running the leaked MR2 then you most likely wont get the new MR2 and even if you did there would be on guarantee it patched all of the files it needs to. You will need to download and install the new MR2 RUU manually. However, from here on out the OTA's should come as expected.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If you are running the leaked MR2 then you most likely wont get the new MR2 and even if you did there would be on guarantee it patched all of the files it needs to. You will need to download and install the new MR2 RUU manually. However, from here on out the OTA's should come as expected.

Hmm, seems like I heard that same thing when I installed the original leak! :) Just kidding, not a huge deal but was hoping to not have to do another restore. Guess i have something to do tonight at least.

Cringey

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just ran the official MR2 RUU since the unofficial wasn't picking up for me.
Got my MLB AT BAT 11 back which was an issue besides a day of random reboots with the unofficial MR2.

anon(21359)

May 10, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I installed the leaked Mr2 yesterday .. HOURS before the OTA was available.
Is there a place I can download the full MR2 RUU to get back on the OTA track?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
There's at least 2 threads pointing to a download site....sift through the first page or 2 of posts. Mine was called "Want the real MR2 update now?"

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Went ahead and installed the new leak. Installed without a hitch. Hopefully my phone is as good as it was on the original MR2 still.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, seems like I heard that same thing when I installed the original leak! :) Just kidding, not a huge deal but was hoping to not have to do another restore. Guess i have something to do tonight at least.

As long as the version numbers of this RUU match the official release being pushed by Verizon the update system will send future updates. The update system expected people to be running the original version of the firmware OR MR1, none of us were supposed to have the leaked MR2(A). Remember OTA update files contain ONLY the files they need to patch not the complete ROM.

When I (and most of the other early adopters) flashed MR2(A) within days of it being leaked it was fully expected that it would be pushed and if it had then the next OTA would have just worked. But since they didn't, the installer for MR2(B) does not know what to do with the MR2(A) build, just as it does not when it sees a phone running a custom ROM and does not therefor send the update.

TBolt55

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about the leaked MR2 (the first one from June 10th). My question is if I am still running that version, when gingerbread becomes available will I be sent the update? Or will I have to update to the most current Full RUU leak in order to be prompted for 2.3? Any help is appreciated.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about the leaked MR2 (the first one from June 10th). My question is if I am still running that version, when gingerbread becomes available will I be sent the update? Or will I have to update to the most current Full RUU leak in order to be prompted for 2.3? Any help is appreciated.
It depends, in part, which version of the "leaked MR2" that you installed?

1. Were you already rooted and did you then install the rooted version of the leaked MR2? In that case, and you are still rooted, you should neither accept the current MR2 OTA update or the GB OTA update from Verizon.

2. Or, were you not rooted and installed the version of the leaked MR2 for unrooted phones? If this is the case, you should be offered both the current MR2 as well as the GB update and you can accept them.

Last edited:

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It depends, in part, which version of the "leaked MR2" that you installed?

1. Were you already rooted and did you then install the rooted version of the leaked MR2? In that case, and you are still rooted, you should neither accept the current MR2 OTA update or the GB OTA update from Verizon.

2. Or, were you not rooted and installed the version of the leaked MR2 for unrooted phones? If this is the case, you should be offered both the current MR2 as well as the GB update and you can accept them.

Not that its not possible but so far I have not heard of anyone who had the original MR2 leak being offered the current MR2 via OTA. So far, we've all downloaded and manually installed it.

TBolt55

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Not that its not possible but so far I have not heard of anyone who had the original MR2 leak being offered the current MR2 via OTA. So far, we've all downloaded and manually installed it.

This ... I am currently with option #2 unrooted and installed the leaked version from the 10th and was never pushed the newest version of it ... the only reason I was asking was 1 because I wanted to see whether or not if I left it where it is currently if I would be offered the gingerbread update and 2 because I honestly didnt feel like downloading the full RUU and wiping my phone again, I only installed the leaked version because verizon and htc seemed to be dragging their feet rather badly in regards to our phone. Even with a backup the data wipe was still a pain the butt to redo everything the way I originally had it and I would prefer to leave it the way it is now in hopes of being pushed the gingerbread update without having to do it all over again, but if I must in order to get gingerbread when it does become available I will do it.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Has the MR2 been pushed out extensively yet or have people mostly been manually looking for it?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

No. You will have to update manually via an RUU like the rest of us are doing to get the second mr2

luluxiu

Jul 11, 2011
www.tera2buy.com
I just saw a post, a man from Chicago on MR1 equipment has been updated. At least for now, it may be safe to say that we need to manually flash the new firmware the phone.Buy WOW Items I was in Chicago with MR2 and I get "no new software" message....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty