Post-MR2 4G Data Connection Loss Restored By Reboot (Not Fixed)

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Oops, I did it again. Lost data connection and could not restore it without rebooting my phone manually.

So, I installed MR2 on Friday and am back at work in a strong 4G area yesterday and today. Pulling down 30 Mbps / 12 up. Get a text this morning from my own phone number:

"Please update to latest MR2 release software (1.70.605.0) and test to see if this resolves your reboot issues - Home>Menu>Settings>Updates"

Nope, no reboots, I reply in a text message (to myself?). Then I check my data connection and it is gone. Sometimes it comes back if I make a phone call. Nope. Sometimes it comes back if I toggle on/off airplane mode. Nope. Switch to 3G. Nope. Switch back to 4G. Nope. So I reboot (Restart) and 3G is back and soon thereafter 4G. Fast as ever. Same problem I've had every few days here at work. Have done everything Verizon tech support has requested (hard resets, new SIM card, CLNR, MR2 OTA, hard reset again on Saturday.

Guess I'll call back my buddies at Verizon & HTC Tech Support and tell them to sharpen their pencils and keep trying to figure this out.

How many other people are still experiencing this!?

Thanks, Robrecht

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Oops, I did it again. Lost data connection and could not restore it without rebooting my phone manually.

So, I installed MR2 on Friday and am back at work in a strong 4G area yesterday and today. Pulling down 30 Mbps / 12 up. Get a text this morning from my own phone number:

"Please update to latest MR2 release software (1.70.605.0) and test to see if this resolves your reboot issues - Home>Menu>Settings>Updates"

Nope, no reboots, I reply in a text message (to myself?). Then I check my data connection and it is gone. Sometimes it comes back if I make a phone call. Nope. Sometimes it comes back if I toggle on/off airplane mode. Nope. Switch to 3G. Nope. Switch back to 4G. Nope. So I reboot (Restart) and 3G is back and soon thereafter 4G. Fast as ever. Same problem I've had every few days here at work. Have done everything Verizon tech support has requested (hard resets, new SIM card, CLNR, MR2 OTA, hard reset again on Saturday.

Guess I'll call back my buddies at Verizon & HTC Tech Support and tell them to sharpen their pencils and keep trying to figure this out.

How many other people are still experiencing this!?

Thanks, Robrecht
Sounds like you got a bad phone I would take it into Verizon and get it replaced

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Already did that once for the exact same problem. How many times before I can try out a Bionic? Don't want no Charge or Revolution. Don't really want a Bionic either but I might not mind trying one out to see what it's like if they can't get a ThunderBolt working on my local network before August.

Thanks, Robrecht

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Already did that once for the exact same problem. How many times before I can try out a Bionic? Don't want no Charge or Revolution. Don't really want a Bionic either but I might not mind trying one out to see what it's like if they can't get a ThunderBolt working on my local network before August.

Thanks, Robrecht
Chances are never. It's a dual core phone they not going to exchange that for a tbolt. Have u tried contacting HTC see if they can do something for you.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Chances are never. It's a dual core phone they not going to exchange that for a tbolt. Have u tried contacting HTC see if they can do something for you.
Verizon has always treated me very well in the past when they could not resolve a problem. Yes, I have contacted HTC. They authorized a CLNR also. How many CLNRs will it take to either get one that works or convince them that there's a more complicated firmware-network communication problem?

Thanks, Robrecht

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has always treated me very well in the past when they could not resolve a problem. Yes, I have contacted HTC. They authorized a CLNR also. How many CLNRs will it take to either get one that works or convince them that there's a more complicated firmware-network communication problem?

Thanks, Robrecht
If it makes u feel any better I went through 18 storm 1 before I got one that worked perfectly

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Post-MR2 4G Data Connection Loss Restored By Reboot (Not Fixe

I haven't completely lost data connection altogether but last night my phone went to 3G when I was in another part of town. Came home where I always have 4G but it stayed on 3G. Finally just tried a reboot and initially it was still on 3G but after a minute switched back to 4G finally. I NEVER had this problem with the original leaked MR2, it would smoothly and consistanlty switch to whichever network was better. Other than having a couple problems with apps, I think the leaked Mr2 from June was MUCH better than this one. Now I don't think my 4G is as good and my GPS keeps dropping satellites constantly.

CMRobinson

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

HTC will tell him it's Verizon's phone to replace. Or that he can send his phone in for warranty work that will take up to 2 weeks. Been there, done that, still getting the " why did you rate our customer service so low" emails and phone calls to prove it.

Cringey

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Mine started to do the same thing again at home (Extended 4G area) and at Work (Full 4G area). Reboot was the only way to fix it. Kinda annoying that they can't figure this phone out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen