htc thunderbolt vs samsung droid charge

bentor1996

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a choice between getting the tb and the droid charge. I have an incredible now and i am leaning toward the thunderbolt because it is htc. The charge has the AMOLED screen which i really like. So i was wondering which yall think is the better phone?

raffitou

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the thunderbolt, wife has the charge. Hers is better overall. The one thing I really like is the capacitance buttons on my thunderbolt. The UI on the charge is better than the Sense UI on the thunderbolt despite what everyone says, both our opinions. You will need to turn off the stupid "battery full" notification on the charge which can find on the forums. This would wake us up middle of the night first few nights. Sounds like a text. In the end, both are great. Why not wait for the bionic at this point. Oh battery life is way better on the charge.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a thunderbolt and my girlfriend has the charge. The charge does have a nicer screen, but it's really plasticy. I also find the charge awkward to hold and touchwiz, with its color scheme and odd app icons, is just obnoxious.

AndroidGod

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
The thunderbolt pwns all other current LTE phones speckwise, and even more if you root. HTC Sense isn't a dealbreaker, but if you like it a lot get the Thunderbolt.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the Tbolt and my wife has the Charge and her Charge is defiantly more reliable then my Tbolt. I'm still pissed about the constant reboots for 6 weeks and my Tbolt seems to lock up more than her Charge. Both phones are decent but i'm giving it up for with the Prime, Bionic, or Fascinate 2.

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt is better than the charge if you are looking for a phone that is snappy and responsive WHILE it is still stock.

If Battery life is whats important, Charge.

Screen, Charge.

UI, Thunderbolt

DEV community (if you are looking to root), Thunderbolt

Flash functionality, Thunderbolt

Lighter Phone, Charge

Solid Feel, Thunderbolt

topinate

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt is better than the charge if you are looking for a phone that is snappy and responsive WHILE it is still stock.

Screen, Charge.

UI, Thunderbolt

Lighter Phone, Charge

Solid Feel, Thunderbolt

Agreed. Well said.

RJSAdvisors

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The MR2 update substantially improved the battery life on my ThunderBolt, so I do not see that as a major issue anymore in comparison to the Charge. I get a full day of moderate use all the time now with no problems.

The ThunderBolt also has a unique kickstand that is very handy. I use it all the time.

I do not care for the curved bottom of the Charge. It makes it harder to prop up the phone in vertical mode on a table without having it fall over to one side or the other; and, of course, it lacks the ThunderBolt's great kickstand to keep it steady.

The bulge at the bottom on the back of the Charge also means the Charge will not even lie flat when viewing it on a surface like a table. Instead, the screen points slightly backwards and away from the viewer rather than straight up and down like the ThunderBolt.

Overall I am happy with my ThunderBolt, but I still want Gingerbread and Skype Video. Hopefully those will both arrive in August. :D

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I own the Thunderbolt and my wife owns the Charge. In terms of battery life I get better battery life on my Bolt then she does on her Charge. Although I love the Super Amoled plus screen on hers.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I was debating this issue too. My deal breaker was when i played with charge with no apps downloaded fresh phone and went to a flash heavy site the samsung always fc on like three different phones plus i was hyped up about the screen but when i saw it in person I was very disappointed.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Screen, Charge.

UI, Thunderbolt

Lighter Phone, Charge

Solid Feel, Thunderbolt

I think the dev community is a draw I mean look how many leak gb versions they have for the charge and the last are pretty stable so that can sway some to get a charge. I have the tb and just wish it had better battery life but I have an upgrade due now anyway so I will be upgrading in the next few months depending on what comes out.

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the charge and my wife has the tbolt. She really wanted a charge before the MR2 update. Now her only complaint is her phone still freezes up when she uses the internet.

Malibu02

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I am not all that familiar with the droid charge but I have had my TB since early April.
Everything on mine has worked perfectly since day one. The only issue was getting it to work with some of my MS office stuff which an APP took care of. MR1 and MR 2 caused no problems that I could find.
I follow this forum pretty closely and usually try to duplicate problems that are discussed but haven't really found any.
I am not in a 4G area but happened to be in 1 last week and all was well.
Once I got a handle on managing battery useage I now only use the extended if I will be somewhere I need a couple of days without charging.

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a lot of experience with the charge, but am a former fascinate and continuum user and am now a proud tb user. From my experiences with both Samsung phones I mentioned I doubt I will EVER own another Samsung phone. I could not stand the touchwiz UI as it seem to lag all the time and the updates were horrible. I finally rooted my fascinate just so I could run froyo and didn't even bother with the continuum because I knew I would only have it a short time.

I know there have been issues with the tb as well, but I haven't encountered any of them and am absolutely loving this phone. I haven't regretted for a second getting this phone and feel I will only own HTC or MOTO Android phones in the future.

ckstou

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a TB and I have a Charge. Luckily my wife's phone never had any reboot issues. She absolutely loves the phone and has had no major issues except maybe battery life. These are our first android phones so we are still in the learning stage. I love my Charge - especially the screen. IMHO that's why I think the Charge is better. I love the screen so much that I don't think I would ever consider a phone unless the screen was equal to or better - but that's just what's important to me. They are both great options.

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I like the TB better, but if you are outside in the sun a lot, you should probably get the Charge. The TB's screen simply isn't bright enough to handle the South Florida sun, but the TB allows data and voice at the same time and I tether a lot, so that is more important for me. Battery-wise, I didn't see any noticeable difference between the two (my room-mate has a Charge). For me, it came down to the solid feel of the TB and the fact that I have a paralyzed arm and the TB is much easier for me to use/type than the Charge. The curved bottom of the Charge made everything just a tiny bit more difficult for me, and i the end, it's those little things that make a big difference.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had my tb for over a month. I do like it but if I were given the option of exchanging it for a charge I would.

If I were u I'd wait to get the nexus prime or the bionic. Both should be better than the charge or the tb.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buyonbudget