Incoming calls when phone is in my pocket?

BonesMachine

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to figure out what is going on with this. When the phone is in my pocket and i get an incoming call it will ring until i reach for it. Once i reach for it it will go straight to voicemail before i get it out of my pocket? it's the weirdest thing. I tried looking at some settings but couldn't figure it out. i'm pretty sure i'm not hitting any buttons when reaching for it.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You have a setting to quite the phone when you move it. menu,settings, sound, quite ring on pick up. You may be also hitting the power button to send to voicemail. Also the volume button can silence the ringer. Pushing the incoming call bar up instead of down will also send to voicemail. Or as 2 said you might not be hearing the first rings. You can set it to ring louder in pocket. menu, settings, sound, pocket mode. HTH

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You have a setting to quite the phone when you move it. menu,settings, sound, quite ring on pick up. You may be also hitting the power button to send to voicemail. Also the volume button can silence the ringer. Pushing the incoming call bar up instead of down will also send to voicemail. Or as 2 said you might not be hearing the first rings. You can set it to ring louder in pocket. menu, settings, sound, pocket mode. HTH

Just as an added note... By default all three of these are selected: Silence on pickup, Pocket mode, and Flip for speaker. If he has not changed the defaults, Pocket mode overrides Silence on pickup anyway.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

r007

1337 Member
May 23, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happens to me, but it is because when I pick up the phone I put my thumb on the screen and slide the slider to ignore while trying to get it out... :(

I now try to only grab the phone on its sides when getting it out of my pocket.

BonesMachine

May 25, 2011
Visit site
i already have quit ring on pickup unchecked and pocket mode checked. it happens every time and i am now very careful about just touching the sides and no buttons or anything and it will either automatically pickup or go straight to voicemail. i am definitely hearing all the rings and it happens everytime. its kinda driving me nuts. it will sit there and ring in my pocket til i reach for it and then.......%$%$%$%$ maybe i'm hitting the screen? i have some new info see if it helps thanks..

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I know I constantly hit volume up or down by accident because the volume bar appears and phone buzzed then is in silent mode. I have to manually return it to normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty