2.11.605.3 RUU - problem reports?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a few people post problem reports with the latest .3 RUU, and I thought it would be helpful to have them in one place.

Reports I've seen:

1. Voicemail notification appears not to work (as with the previous Gingerbread RUU releases).
2. Front facing camera in Google Talk is upside-down (really?).
3. Front facing camera does not appear to work in Camera app.
4. Several notes from people about not being impressed with the new radios (battery life or signal stability).

Other than the voicemail notification, which appears to be confirmed by quite a few people, can anyone confirm or refute any of the others? Any other bugs or problems to add?

(edit: corrected Google Voice to Google Talk - thanks for the catch drtechy!)

Last edited:

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My FFC in the camera app works fine, I have not tried Google Talk yet, and I agree about the radio, and VM, no other issues that I have noticed..

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Pretty stable for me with good battery life and I have not had any radio or signal issues, FFC works for me as well.

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Google talk uses the rear camera. Verizon voice mail doesn't notify. Everything else seems ok. I had a few sms problems, but not going to cry wolf on that one just yet. I'm in a 3g area and the signal seems to be a little better.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a few people post problem reports with the latest .3 RUU, and I thought it would be helpful to have them in one place.

Reports I've seen:

1. Voicemail notification appears not to work (as with the previous Gingerbread RUU releases).
2. Front facing camera in Google Voice is upside-down (really?).
3. Front facing camera does not appear to work in Camera app.
4. Several notes from people about not being impressed with the new radios (battery life or signal stability).

Other than the voicemail notification, which appears to be confirmed by quite a few people, can anyone confirm or refute any of the others? Any other bugs or problems to add?

1. VM works for me but I use GV anyways and that works.
2. Haven't tried it
3. My FFC DOES NOT WORK in the camera app EDIT: It does work. I didn't notice the CAMERA ICON on the camera app screen...like it better actually
4. So far, seems to work fine for me. I am in the San Francisco bay area so maybe that is why

Last edited:

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
1. VM I use GV so can't say
2. Front facing camera in Google Voice is upside-down (really?). GV camera? I assume you mean Google Talk, don't use it couldn't say
3. Front facing camera does not appear to work in Camera app. Works no problem for me.
4. Several notes from people about not being impressed with the new radios (battery life or signal stability). Working better than the MR2 that I was on. Battery life seems typical.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I just tried SKYPE and the Front facing camera works fine. Just not in the camera APP itself. I am going to go digging a little

EDIT: It does work. I didn't notice the CAMERA ICON on the camera app screen...like it better actually

Last edited:

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
OK, so early summary is that:

1. Verizon Voicemail indicators are broken,
2. FFC works in Skype, but probably not in Google Talk. Results on this seem inconsistent (uses rear camera or image is upside down).
3. The front facing camera works for most people in the native app. May be a trouble spot.
4. Answers on the radio (which is the hardest question to quantify) are all over the place - same, better, worse. Probably depends on area they are used in.

Keep it coming, brave testers! And thanks!

WingsFan87

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the updated.

1. Verizon Voicemail indicators > I used GV so I do not know about that.
2. FFC does NOT work in Google Talk for Google Video chat. Only the back camera no option to switch.
3. The FFC works just fine in the native app for me.
4. Radio is strong signal no issues here.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Been using the .3 version for a few days. Only problem you report that I have is the Voicemail. I don't use Google Talk though so I may have that one. FFC works for everything else i've tried, including Skype. Radios seem fine to me.

Reactions: FrankXS

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure i am looking over it.. but where the heck is the clock app?! I don't see it after the update.

LOL, I thought it was only missing because I used XDA's deodexed/rooted version of it, but I guess its not just me. I ended up just downloading a clock app.

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Add the clock widget to one of your screens or access it through the combo weather/clock widget.
I don't see it as an app anymore.

That will work. I just need it for alarms. I'm glad I'm not crazy.. I went app by app down the list to see if they changed the name and didn't see it. I wonder if it was left out on purpose.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Lost Voicemail Notifications like everyone else.
That's really a bummer that this was an oversight on their part with all the uproar over this.
Guess a patch will be coming in a couple of weeks.

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
FFC works fine for me. I still have a problem with the sound setting (screen selection) when you push any app or anything on screen you should get a click, there is a box in sound setting you can check this off. Didn't work before the update, figured it would get repaired during this Gingerbread update (was going to send it back but Verizon said Gingerbread would fix it) Still broken. Piss me off. Just little bull **** like that is frustrating. I'm in a very strong LTE area and my signal is very strong. I use Google Voice also.

Vinny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty