Contact photos keep resetting to Facebook photos

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I edit a contact, designate the photo to be the google contact photo, then save contact. A little while later, the same contact photo has been changed back to the facebook status photo. How do I stop that from happening?

bailes

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem and I had to remove Facebook completely and not open it ever in any way to keep that from happening again. If I try to open Facebook, it syncs again even though I have turned off every Facebook setting I can find.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think if you go to menu >setting >applications >manage applications> scroll to facebook and select it. Select clear data and clear cache then force stop. When you go back to open facebook it should ask your permission on weather or not u wanna sync/use contacts on facebook. Select never and you should be good.

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I think if you go to menu >setting >applications >manage applications> scroll to facebook and select it. Select clear data and clear cache then force stop. When you go back to open facebook it should ask your permission on weather or not u wanna sync/use contacts on facebook. Select never and you should be good.

This sounded promising, did the clear cache thing, made sure facebook was not syncing contacts, reset sons photo to his google contact default photo. Next day my sons photo was back to facebook again. So I went to edit the contact and "unlinked" the facebook contact. Maybe this does it, dont know yet. This is crap! The whole linking concept is flawed.

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
[/QUOTE]Sorry that didn't work for you. How about this, but i'm sure you already did it. People> Menu> View> then unselect facebook.[/QUOTE]

That was the first thing I tried, and that definitely does not stop the photo reset issue. I am hoping this unlinking does the trick. Not convinced of that yet.

But here is the upshot of unlinking contacts and choosing to not show the facebook contacts in the "people" app settings:

1. If you open the people app and scroll thru your contacts, everything seems fine, but . . .

2. If you open the people app and hit search (which I always do since the list is long) then all versions of your contact will show up when typing in the name. Now you have make sure you select the proper contact version.

REALLY?