Strange Rezound battery charge issue

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Gang -

Just charged via phone and was sitting at 68% up from 21%.

Switched from USB storage to charge only, it is now 100%.

Did nothing else....

Oh, running BAMF w/ 3++.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Guess I could charge via the charger to 100% and then install battery and clear stats.

I'm having similar issues recently with stock battery. I watch the input current drop as the charge increases to the point that it stalls. Then last night I unplugged when it stalled around 80%, went upstairs, plugged back in and immediately it was 100%.

How do you clear the stats?

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having similar issues recently with stock battery. I watch the input current drop as the charge increases to the point that it stalls. Then last night I unplugged when it stalled around 80%, went upstairs, plugged back in and immediately it was 100%.

You can download "Battery Calibration" and run that. Works really well

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine does the same thing but I am getting what I would expect as far as battery life goes so it doesn't concern me. The reason it is doing this is because the programs think you have the 2750mah extended battery in there so when it hits what it thinks is 70% of the 2750mah, its actually hitting 100% on the rezound battery. I really don't see any major problem with this.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine does the same thing but I am getting what I would expect as far as battery life goes so it doesn't concern me. The reason it is doing this is because the programs think you have the 2750mah extended battery in there so when it hits what it thinks is 70% of the 2750mah, its actually hitting 100% on the rezound battery. I really don't see any major problem with this.

I'm only using the stock battery and that is all I've ever used. It seems the problem is getting progressively worse.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

YOUR phone has to be ROOTED

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
After discussion with a rep I know, we decided to get a replacement sent out for the charging problem. Refurb arrived yesterday and looked perfect. It charged correctly and all looked to be back on track and then I discovered it had shut itself off and I had to pull the battery to get it to boot again. I thought for a moment I had my wife's Bionic, but no, it was the replacement TB. After it shut down randomly 2 more times in as many hours, I called and I have another replacement on the way. Hopefully this won't be a horror story of multiple phones like ones I have read about...

irie27

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I was also having charging issues. Tried batteries, chargers, usb, a/c, clearing stats yet nothing helped. Had to get a refurbished phone. All my problems are gone. Seems to be a issue with the Thunderbolt itself, and not the battery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
After waiting a couple extra days for the 2nd refurb due to Christmas holiday, this one is better. Everything appears to work correctly and I'm back in business.

Reactions: Forgetful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty