Will this phone have good and loud sound?

juck

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have issues with the BB tour its so low on volume it sucks. I want a good sound going thru my 180 dollar headphones lol.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, that's an interesting question. I considered using this as my mp3 player, but I didn't take the sound quality into account. I haven't heard anything specific on this subject.

Way to make me think :S but +1

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering this myself.... mostly because it has a large metal kickstand blocking the speaker. Sound would have to travel through the kickstand and any table it's sitting on for you to hear it ringing.

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I have watched every video on youtube from CES, and I must say, even with all the loud background noise, I could still hear the TB's sound during the "demo" video thy kept playing. And in one video the guy asked the representative to turn the phone all the way up to hear the quality, and it did seem loud, and the filmer said it sounded good.

So yes, we haven't heard it yet. But Honestly, I think the speaker in my droid1 sounds great. So a year later and with a "dolby" logo, it's gotta sound even better than that?

Well see! On the 11th??? :D

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I uunderstand the evo comparisons. 4.3 inch screen, kickstand. But it's more of a desire HD on steroids. IMO the design of the phone is that desire like. Sure it has features from the evo. But no speaker behind stand. No sense 2 Cause if htc makes anything with a 4.3 inch screen people that have the Evo will just hate an say it's just another evo. Sure it was first. But so were cavemen. An look at us now

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I forgot the EVO doesn't have a rear speaker behind the kickstand. :-[ But I've never used an EVO before so I don't know how well the speakerphone works for playing music and video.

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So yes, we haven't heard it yet. But Honestly, I think the speaker in my droid1 sounds great. So a year later and with a "dolby" logo, it's gotta sound even better than that?

Well see! On the 11th??? :D

So can anybody explain this for me.... what exactly does Dolby and SRS do for a phone's sound system? Can it really make that much difference on a phone speaker?

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
So can anybody explain this for me.... what exactly does Dolby and SRS do for a phone's sound system? Can it really make that much difference on a phone speaker?

Probably not a whole lot. What it means is that the manufacturer (htc) paid for a Dolby "certification" on their hardware. Which means Dolby "checked" it, approved it, and allowed htc to use the name "Dolby" as a selling point. What the spec requirements for such a certification are, I have no idea.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i just hope that speaker is great for speakerphone or music playback. cause i cant stand a phone with horrible speaker phone as i use it alot, i dont like bluetooth headsets.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The Dolby name still carries value or status, and while I am not going to say this speaker will be awesome I also think Dolby hasn't sold themselves out for quick cash yet. There is a lot of potential, if you get a bad speaker take it back and get a new replacement. In the world of electronics and mass production stuff happens and not every device off the mfg line is perfect.

juck

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I mean the internal amperage for headphones. i guess it is associated with speaker but who the hell listens to the speaker on their phone as a stand alone stereo? maybe watching movies. lol i am talking wearing headphones as mp3 player.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I listen to music thru my Curve 8330's speakerphone all the time. Sounds very good and loud considering the source. The Bold 9000 has 3 or 4 speakers and sounds even better. I hate headphones so speakerphone quality is important issue to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87