Question for someone who works at Best Buy

panicprone77

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried asking Best Buy's online chat about this and they were no help. Does Best Buy honor the 20 month upgrade on VZW 2 year contracts or do you have to wait for the full 2 years?

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried asking Best Buy's online chat about this and they were no help. Does Best Buy honor the 20 month upgrade on VZW 2 year contracts or do you have to wait for the full 2 years?

I don't work at BB, but I stopped by my local store the other day asking about the TB pre-order and was told that I could upgrade at the 2-year contract pricing next week when I hit the 20 month mark. Unfortunately, they wouldn't give me my New Every Two credit so I need to buy the TB directly from VZW if I want $30 off.

However, others have posted here stating that their local BB stores will honor the NE2 credit, so you may want to check with your local store and see what they say (assuming that you are getting a NE2 credit as I am).

Reactions: panicprone77

panicprone77

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't work at BB, but I stopped by my local store the other day asking about the TB pre-order and was told that I could upgrade at the 2-year contract pricing next week when I hit the 20 month mark. Unfortunately, they wouldn't give me my New Every Two credit so I need to buy the TB directly from VZW if I want $30 off.

However, others have posted here stating that their local BB stores will honor the NE2 credit, so you may want to check with your local store and see what they say (assuming that you are getting a NE2 credit as I am).

OK, Thanks. I tried asking that to the chat person and she kept saying I have to wait for my 2-year contract to expire. When I tried to elaborate some more, she told me to go to a Best Buy store or call the 800 number.

slakz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Its based off of what the screen says after you input your info. Also you can check off of best buy's website for your eligibility.

It may be possible for the Mobile manager to override if it says that its too early to get the new every 2, but not likely.

Best Buy is just a reseller, if they override Verizon's pricing contract they will get "demerits". Enough docks and Best Buy would get fined from Verizon.

So, in a nutshell, probably don't expect Best Buy to override if you ask too early to get your upgrade.

panicprone77

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on the store. A manager may step in and give you the credit with an override. But i doubt they would.

I'm not really worried about the credit, I guess my question is will Best Buy let you get contract price like VZW offers 20 months into a 2 year contract?

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
the NE2 credit is something on top of the normal upgrade pricing bestbuy does not do NE2 credit to take advantage of it you gotta go to VZW (though i hear there are some 3rd party retailers that do honor it not sure who though) also they have gotten rid of the NE2 program if you have a NE2 credit this is your last one you wont get it on your next contract in 20 months

martin erwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I can understand why you would ask this of a BB employee. BB has, quite simply, been the most reliable source of information for this phone....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa