Will BlackBerry chargers work w/ Thunderbolt?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
the physical connection, whether it be a micro or mini usb might indeed also connect into a new device as the tbolt, i would, for extra caution check the output on the chargers to see if they match the output of a tblot charger.

you should see something like this:

AC in = 110-220V (meaning you can plug the wall charger in US which = 110V and in many countries overseas that use 220V)

DC out = 8V (as an example, the 8V is what leaves the charger and goes into your phone)

AC in (this is the power coming to the wall charger from you house).
DC out (this is the power, similar to what a duracel battery gives out - but constant with no drop. this is what goes from the charger to the phone)

your phone has a battery in it, that is DC V (direct current voltage), though each phone has its own input of power (from the wall charger) - you dont want to 'juice' your phone with more or less the power (voltage) needed.

as an eg. if your old phone's charger had an output of 10V and your new phone needs 8V, then if your phone isn't smart to notify you the voltage is wrong and stop the current coming in, then it will fry your device.

i would say that more than likely the chargers should work and it seems some phones can still charger on a lower provided voltage. but knowing myself, i will be double checking so i know im giving my device the recommended amount of juice.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My car charger says

INPUT: 12V 500mA
OUTPUT DC 5V 500mA

I'll check my home charger tonight. Thanks for all that info!

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
as long as it has uUSB and the wall wort isn't anything other than a normal phone charger (I wouldn't use a high power one for example) you should be ok

I would definitely check the power rating on my TBolt charger vs the BB charger though.