4G LTE TB Demonstration

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So the mood around these parts has been pretty gloom with the lack of an official release date. To take a moment to curb the rising rebellion I thought I would share this video I stumbled upon on YouTube which demonstrates the LTE speed, responsiveness of the phone, and simultaneous voice and data activity.

YouTube - HTC Thunderbolt: 4G LTE Demonstration

I dont believe it has been explicitly posted, but it shows off much of what we're all so excited for. It also features the double tap to zoom in browser, which was a question floating around a while back.

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
wow real fast...

im new to android...when it opened a new tab like that, is that how it handles pop-ups? pretty slick

gunmetalgr3g

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Cool vid..they should have shown you can do voice/data over 3G...Debating really hard on this phone..It would seal the deal if it was BOGO, my woman wants a new phone but I wont let her get a iphone, so we will see what everyone says come time for the reviews

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Cool vid..they should have shown you can do voice/data over 3G...Debating really hard on this phone..It would seal the deal if it was BOGO, my woman wants a new phone but I wont let her get a iphone, so we will see what everyone says come time for the reviews

It will be a while before this phone becomes BOGO. The TB will work with simultaneous voice and data on 3G with the new SVDO radio, but supposedly the data is pretty slow while voice is active. I wanted to get my wife the Incredible, but she insisted on the iPhone 4; so she is having fun on Verizon while I am still waiting around on Sprint with my Pre waiting for the Thunderbolt.

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Here is another video demonstrating the speed of the VZW LTE network (fast forward to about 1:55). Bear in mind that this test was done at CES, in January with potentially hundreds of tech journalists using LTE modems within one city block. Still, the speeds were decent--in the 4-5 mbit range for downloads and 1mbit uploads.

He also did a side-by-side speed test with the Evo, and the Bolt only averaged about 5% faster during his tests.

Obviously, this constitutes a very small sample size, and the guy in the video was good to point out that speed will vary depending on coverage quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa