Verizon removes Skype Video from HTC Thunderbolt?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't be surprised. Since the Evo and Epic, Qik's track record with video chat has been awful. They deliver, but its quality is horrible.

Its not a total loss. Tango's good, and Skype Video will come eventually.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
It was integrated to the os. Less bloatware lol. Prolly issues wit the skype over 3g4g so they scrapped it to sell the phone. The longer they take to getthis out the less money they make. AT&T an tmo have 4g phones shipping and coming out

alcoholics02

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Alot of the family use skype to talk to the kids. Can Mobile Tango users talk to Skype PC people? Know what I mean... if so no big deal to me.

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
Honestly, I think Skype with be on our phones sooner or later...whether it's preinstalled or to be downloaded down the road. I think we should just wait to see what we get on the 24th first before we lose our minds.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
No biggie for me. According to the video the Skype can only be used on 4G anyway and if you end up in a 3G area it goes back to just voice. Like I've been saying, Tango can be used on 3G right now so I won't have to wait for 4G to come to my area.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is really true or not.
I really don't want it to be.
I've been telling my wife and family it will be so cool..etc etc. I'm to get (was to get?) 4 of them.

Whoever posted this comment under the article.. Good for them.. What really does this (below) mean??

Nick

Feb. 18, 2011 (9:40 pm)

? It may also be Verizon plans to offer Skype for Video on their first true 4G LTE device, such as the LG Optimus 2X.?

What does this mean? The Thunderbolt is not a true 4G LTE device? I don?t get it.

Seba617

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I think he means cuz it wont do Voice and Data over LTE, just Data. The Optimus 2X is supposed to be able to do VoLTE which is Voice over LTE.

I don't know if this is really true or not.
I really don't want it to be.
I've been telling my wife and family it will be so cool..etc etc. I'm to get (was to get?) 4 of them.

Whoever posted this comment under the article.. Good for them.. What really does this (below) mean??

Nick

Feb. 18, 2011 (9:40 pm)

? It may also be Verizon plans to offer Skype for Video on their first true 4G LTE device, such as the LG Optimus 2X.?

What does this mean? The Thunderbolt is not a true 4G LTE device? I don?t get it.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Wow, the atrix 4G is looking better and better every day... and it comes out Tuesday... nice job Verizon!

Yea but I have a hard time going to ATT. I have gotten ALL of my family members (from MOM to all the in-laws...great referral money). There no telling when the LG Revolution comes out and I can't wait to long after March for upgrade. My old piece of crap enV Touch IS A SORRY phone, just shutting off when it wants to and the screen turns white when I get a text, etc., etc. I never had a smart phone and my wife and I are pretty excited about this one. What to do if it doesn't come out in time for my upgrade.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
The bolt has voice data 4g capabilities. They just chose the lg to demo it an said it wouldn't be used right away if I'm not mistaken. Instead it would do voice over 3G an data over 4g when doin both

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89