8 things I learned at Best Buy & Verizon today

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
002-1-1.jpg

I'll be surprised if it gets released on or before the 26th.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, I've had this Dinc for 3 days now, and I'm actually getting kind of attached to it :)

You have no idea how much better this phone is than the craptastic LG Dare I've been saddled with the past two years.

I'm honestly wondering if I should even bother with the TBolt. If it comes out within my 14-day window, I'll definitely check it out, but if it doesn't, I may just hold onto the Dinc for a year and not look back.

I know the TBolt will be faster, but the Dinc doesn't feel the slightest bit slow, even when streaming YouTube videos over 3G. The form factor is pretty nice except for the camera bump on the back, and it's pleasantly light and pocketable. One thing I would need to do if I don't trade up for the TBolt is buy an SD card. The Dinc comes with a pathetic 2 GB SD card. The battery life is also pretty bad, though I don't think the TBolt will be much better.

I'd suggest checking out the Incredible 2 coming soon. It should arrive sometime in late March/early April. Its essentially the Thunderbolt with a 4" display and much better battery life.

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'd suggest checking out the Incredible 2 coming soon. It should arrive sometime in late March/early April. Its essentially the Thunderbolt with a 4" display and much better battery life.

I'm getting closer and closer to waiting for the DInc2 instead of buying the TB. 4G isn't a huge deal for me, nor is the kickstand, and I can deal with 0.3" less of screen real estate.

Not to mention that the DInc2 should be cheaper.

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
4G is a big deal for me, if there isnt an additional surcharge, since it is available in my market. The sculpted back on the Inc also bothers me too.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Any true specs on the Dinc2?

Can't really say "true specs" due to lack of documentations. lol.

But its essentially a Thunderbolt minus the 4G, kickstand and 4" display with a longer battery life. Also, it's Global.

If you guys don't really want to deal with the premium pricing on something you wouldn't even be able to use; eg 4G. I'd really consider getting the Incredible 2.

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine it would be close to the S. The Dinc already has 8gig, why go back to 1 gig internal? Not 4G? I might consider the dinc2 if specs are better..I love my current dinc. But thunderbolt still has my attention..

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I would love to have waited, but my old phone died so I needed a new phone ASAP. It looks like all the new phones are going to come out after my 14 days is up, so I'll have to stick it out for one year.

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine it would be close to the S. The Dinc already has 8gig, why go back to 1 gig internal? Not 4G? I might consider the dinc2 if specs are better..I love my current dinc. But thunderbolt still has my attention..

It has 1.1GB of secure internal storage, 8GB of shared storage. That's not including a micro SD card.

If I already had a DInc I doubt I would get a DInc 2, but as someone who is currently using a BB Curve and who doesn't necessarily require 4G speeds the DInc 2 is mighty tempting.