Thunderbolt Review (Coming Soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubytuesday007

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay cool I was just wanting to make sure it's not blocked from the Thunderbolt for some reason. ATT likes to block certain apps that are in the market from certain devices.

I consider the NFL app a major perk I get for moving to Verizon. I had a hacked version on My Nexus for awhile but Verizon kept updating it so as to make it not work. Now we just need to get the strike over with so we have something to watch.:mad:

Bad news...When I tried to install the NFL Mobile app from the market (it does NOT come pre-loaded), it says "NFL Mobile is not currently supported on this device."

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
What was that windshield wiper thing in the video?? Lol I'm sure its part of sense but is it telling you that its refreshing the weather or something? Thanks!

Rubytuesday, have u tried tango or any video calling with it yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yes, it is part of sense.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious to see if anyone with the Thunderbolt can install the leaked Netflix.apk and stream video.

Seems like most can install the leaked apk, but no one can stream yet.

rubytuesday007

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the upload speeds:

I found the below quote attached to the following YouTube video:

YouTube - Verizon HTC Thunderbolt 4G LTE on www.Speedtest.net

"Also note that using the speedtest app from the marketplace will give false results. The applications has issues working with the new qualcomm chipset and will typically give upload speeds up to 2-3x that of the download. The browser method is a better measure of actual speeds"

Hmmm....indeed the speedtest.net for Android is flawed. When testing through the mobile browser, I typically saw about 9Mb down and 2Mb up.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm....indeed the speedtest.net for Android is flawed. When testing through the mobile browser, I typically saw about 9Mb down and 2Mb up.

Could you try tethering it to a Laptop and running the browser test from the Laptop? There could be some download lag on Speedtest.net on the phones browser because of flash latency.

rubytuesday007

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to see if anyone with the Thunderbolt can install the leaked Netflix.apk and stream video.

Seems like most can install the leaked apk, but no one can stream yet.

I was able to install it, but when trying to stream, it says we could not reach the netflix service. Try again later.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was able to install it, but when trying to stream, it says we could not reach the netflix service. Try again later.

WOW! That's very interesting! Because on other devices it would simply loop back to the previous screen with NO message.

My gut would tell me the "looping" is indicative of it failing on the DRM checks while the message you received means that the DRM check is passed but cannot connect to the Netflix application or the Netflix streaming app is set to filter by certain devices and TB is not yet approved.

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... wonder if that is different than what everyone else is seeing. I have a feeling I read that when others tried to stream video, the program closed and it returned to the home screen. Sounds like the message the Thunderbolt is getting is because Netflix hasn't started the service yet, rather than the Thunderbolt not being able to stream.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Bad news...When I tried to install the NFL Mobile app from the market (it does NOT come pre-loaded), it says "NFL Mobile is not currently supported on this device."
Oh man!! I had a feeling something like this was going to happen!! :( Hopefully they get it working by the time the strike is over...I just pray they ever give it to us.:(:( I guess the fact that it shows up in the market is good news though. If they were going to prevent the Thunderbolt from getting it I would think they would be hiding it from the device(That's my glass half full take on this :)) This really sucks tho: one of the actually GOOD bloat apps and it doesn't come preloaded!

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So if there's no NFL Mobile and no Skype, what, exactly, did they demo at CES that is actually on the device at launch (other than the cheesy golf game)?

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
So if there's no NFL Mobile and no Skype, what, exactly, did they demo at CES that is actually on the device at launch (other than the cheesy golf game)?
I have to admit I'm worried. NFL mobile clearly worked on the Thunderbolt at CES....

Maybe it's because they updated the firmware since then to fix some of the issues that delayed it?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit I'm worried. NFL mobile clearly worked on the Thunderbolt at CES....

Maybe it's because they updated the firmware since then to fix some of the issues that delayed it?

Sorry to say that it might not matter... they might not have a NFL season this year :'(

I'm a season ticket holder... what am I going to do with my winter up here in Minnesota??? I guess there is always the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress