Syncing Facebook Contacts

kennedymk218

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Picked up my Bolt today and I cannot get my Facebook contacts to sync (pictures, updates etc in "people") Anyone else having this problem or have a suggestion to fix it?

Thanks!

SoldierofCatan

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I got all but one contact synced. Can't really figure out why one is not syncing. I can see her in the FB app but she is not listed when I try to pick her as a synced contact.

Hope everyone can follow that.

*Edit*
I noticed that she had her married and birth name i.e. jane doe baker rather than jane baker (not her real name)

Last edited:

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
its a bug in Sense and facebooks app and how they work together. I would check the Droid Incredible forum as they may have a workaround. I dont use facebook so Im never looked into it.

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

Picked up my Bolt today and I cannot get my Facebook contacts to sync (pictures, updates etc in "people") Anyone else having this problem or have a suggestion to fix it?

Thanks!

I has the same problem.

I uninstalled the Facebook app
Then ran the set up again and synced with Facebook for HTC Sense
Then the pics came and were clear.
Finally I installed Facebook for Android and chose Do not Sync.

Hopefully that works for you as it did for me.

kennedymk218

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok so after a lot of trial and error i have it figured out...for now. My contacts were transferred over by VZW from my BBY to my Bolt so I dont know if they were in a different format or what but here is what i did to make it work:
-Go to people and open up the contact you want to link with facebook
-Then Use the onscreen option of "Edit Contact"-not menu->edit
-You do not have to edit anything, hit the back arrow key 2x to exit out of edit and make sure it says contact saved.
-Now got to the link button, sync with Facebook for HTC Sense
-Type in the name and select the profile
-Hit done!

If it doesnt work the first time "edit" the contact to save it again and try again. Yes this is a tedious process but it is the only way i found to work for me!

xchellemariex

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
i am having the same issue. i click the link button on the contact and click fb for htc sense and choose the person from the fb list and it just goes back to the previous screen. i also had my contacts imported from a blackberry. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

xchellemariex

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so after a lot of trial and error i have it figured out...for now. My contacts were transferred over by VZW from my BBY to my Bolt so I dont know if they were in a different format or what but here is what i did to make it work:
-Go to people and open up the contact you want to link with facebook
-Then Use the onscreen option of "Edit Contact"-not menu->edit
-You do not have to edit anything, hit the back arrow key 2x to exit out of edit and make sure it says contact saved.
-Now got to the link button, sync with Facebook for HTC Sense
-Type in the name and select the profile
-Hit done!

If it doesnt work the first time "edit" the contact to save it again and try again. Yes this is a tedious process but it is the only way i found to work for me!

this worked for me wow really u have got to be kidding me that this is the only way to do it!!!

kennedymk218

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i am having the same issue. i click the link button on the contact and click fb for htc sense and choose the person from the fb list and it just goes back to the previous screen. i also had my contacts imported from a blackberry. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This was the exact issue that i was having too. Total luck that it worked.

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but how does one get FB for HTC Sense? I looked in the Marketplace and couldn't find it - just regular FB/

its already on ur phone, Friend Stream, its built into HTC sense...

i havent installed the actual FB app and i have had no problems linking contacts...in fact it auto linked a bunch of my contacts

i wanted to try the FB app to see the differences but dont want it messing up my links now