Bed Time Mode Like BlackBerry???

sloc88

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am coming off off 2 years with a Blackberry and I loved that when I plugged it in, it would tell me the time and what my alarm was set at. When I plug in this phone to charge it just shuts the screen off. Anyone know how to activate any kind of bedtime mode? I found a bedtime mode in the "clock" app but I dont want to have to do this every night. Thanks

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ha, I've been trying to find this since I unboxed it. If you have the typical HTC Flip Clock widget, click on it. There you will see a "Desk Clock" option. Then there are two buttons in the bottom third of the screen to dim or go to desk clock mode. Haven't used it yet, but it looks like what you wanted. I do not know if the screen will stay on however. Hopefully it does, and stays dim

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ha, I've been trying to find this since I unboxed it. If you have the typical HTC Flip Clock widget, click on it. There you will see a "Desk Clock" option. Then there are two buttons in the bottom third of the screen to dim or go to desk clock mode. Haven't used it yet, but it looks like what you wanted. I do not know if the screen will stay on however. Hopefully it does, and stays dim

thank you ,, perhaps you can make a shortcut and place it on your home screen, if a widget is not available

try AnyCut
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.appdroid.anycut&feature=search_result

sloc88

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

I did find this, however it is just irritating that I have to go into that everytime I go to bed. There should be an option for activating this mode when the charger is plugged in. Oh well. Maybe someone will make an app.

sloc88

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
There you will see a "Desk Clock" option.

I did this, then went to settings>apps>development>stay awake. Now the screen stays lit while charging so thats OK I guess. I still think this should be an option in the settings. Maybe for the next update.

rocor1993

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the dock is going to put this on automatically like my droid 2 did. I guess I have to wait until I can get my hands on one though....

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping to figure out the hibernate/sleep function and make it work at least similar to my blackberry. When I turned my BB off for bed it was actually sleep or hibernate. Incoming phone calls and notifications were silenced but my phone alarm would wake me and the phone. I definitely need this type of function.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Get the Bedside so from the market. You can customize the appearance, and what alerts come through. You also set it to auto launch when docked, once the dock is released.

I did this with my original Droid, and my Droid X (after falling in love with the feature in my original Blackberry Storm).

Reactions: Green_Laser

rocor1993

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just dl'd alarm clock plus by cvp. they have a paid version too without ads for under $2. I think this is going to work well. I figured out how to make it launch when plugged in, which will work with the dock when it comes out.

I tried to order the dock on release day, but was told it was not available yet. verizon rep told me she had the product code and everything, but it just wouldn't let her complete the order. She said to check back next week. I don't think she knew when it would be available, but was just telling me to keep checking.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Get the Bedside so from the market. You can customize the appearance, and what alerts come through. You also set it to auto launch when docked, once the dock is released.

I did this with my original Droid, and my Droid X (after falling in love with the feature in my original Blackberry Storm).

thats sweet!
will def d/l for my wife and i.
thanks for the good info!