Bluetooth Headset Not Loud Enough

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
+1 for the low volume in car. I have Ford Sync and I have to crank it compared to my DX. I did figure this out tho and it may he'll you as well.

Just simply hitting the volume rocker up on the phone does nothing. It says its adjusting the Bluetooth volume but it does not. If you have another app to adjust volumes like "audio manager" and adjust the IN CALL VOLUME it does get louder. Unfortunately there is no way to adjust in call volume while connected to Bluetooth devices.

I guess you could make a call to vmail, raise your in call volume, hang up then connect to your Bluetooth device.

Sounds like a firmware bug to me. They liked the volume to the wrong area IMO.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Same issue here. Call volume using my Bluetooth Device is WAY too low. Even with the "raise your call volume before connecting to the device" idea above, it starts at medium volume and then fades slowly to almost nothing over the next 15 seconds. Pretty much inaudible while driving. However, on things like Navigation, etc. it is plenty loud and stays loud. Weird. Never had this issue with any other phone.

Adjusting the volume rocker on both my phone AND the bluetooth device says its adjusting the Bluetooth Volume but the audio level of the phone call doesn't actually change.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue.

You're not alone at all. I have several headsets here and I've tried 2 of them that I could actually wear if they solved the volume problem and neither one gives me enough volume.

I wonder if this is something that could be fixed with a version update or if it's all a hardware issue that can't be changed? Does anyone know?

mom133d

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Sync'd through the Bluetooth in my car stereo and the audio is extremely low. I was testing out the Amazon Cloud Player and I had to crank the volume on the stereo to hear it. The phone is already maxxed.

I was on a speakerphone call the other day, I heard the caller fine, but he said he had trouble hearing me. At the time I wrote it off to the usual speakerphone problems, but now I wonder...

I should mention that my prior phone was the Droid and I had no volume problems with it.

Wantec

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Dunno if this is just me, or the fact that my headset is 2+ years old. But once I started a call with the bluetooth connected, I pushed the volume up rocker and it said something like bluetooth volume and I haven't been able to find that setting anywhere else. My headset is now louder during a call than with my last phone (an Ozone), but when it's not during a call it still sounds quiet.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't seem to be any way to narrow down the problem, I don't see much consistency in the issues people are having :(

sabato

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
anyone find a fix for this? I can't hear callers and they can't hear me. I can't hear music very well either...no matter what the source. Bluetooth only...phone without bluetooth is okay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non