So how long til 2nd wave of TB hit the stores?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
With the couple issues of light leak in the button area and the pinkish tint with the screen, I am going to wait and hold off a bit until the "fixed" units arrive in VZW stores.

Any idea how long that will take??

bmcclure937

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Really? How would we know when the second shipment would be arriving... shipments are arriving left and right at corporate stores and other retail outlets.

I would say that newer batches would begin shipping once current stock is depleted. Once again, no time frame.

Also, nobody is promising these "issues" to be fixed in their next production run. It may take some user feedback and time until these are addressed.

I would say buy the TB now. I have not had issues with pink tint or light leak. People are extremely sensitive and picky. If you do have a real problem then Verizon will swap out with another TB... no questions asked.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
With the couple issues of light leak in the button area and the pinkish tint with the screen, I am going to wait and hold off a bit until the "fixed" units arrive in VZW stores.

Any idea how long that will take??
If you do this you will also increase your chance of getting a refurb rather than a new one. Roll of the dice, I guess.

-Frank

robmack#AC

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I got a TB today and the rep told me they sold out of 80 units on Thursday then got a new shipment of 60 more units either Friday or Saturday...

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
If you do this you will also increase your chance of getting a refurb rather than a new one. Roll of the dice, I guess.

-Frank

Can they do that???? Unless it is advertised and sold as a refurb I would think they would get in trouble selling refurbs as new...

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt they will be fixing something they really dont consider an issue. If the light leakage was that important they would not have launched it in the first place. You dont like your unit, just get it replaced.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Return policy is now 14 days as of end of Feb they no longer honor 30 day return (unless item was purchased before the date they changed this policy which has about 1 week left before that goes out the window too) it is across the board 14 days from your order. Only reason I know this is I have already gone through 4 phones due to light leaking and battery not responding. I placed my order on 17th and got phone on 18th so when I called today I asked how long I had to back out into a new phone and see if HTC makes new run fixing these known issues and was told 14 days from when I got the new phone on the 18th.

http://www.verizon.com/b2c/globalText?textName=RETURN_POLICY&jspName=footer/returnPolicy.jsp

zenit#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
usually hardware changes are not incorporated this quickly. first they have to figure out whats wrong (what official first testers did not see), then figure out how to fix it and then change manufacturing process. By then its probably gonna be halfway though the product cycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87