Is there an app that makes this possible.

rickyrick3513

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted just to start. But anyways is there any app on the android app store that will let me connect to my mac at home over 3g? Because I am always on the go and sometimes I need to access files on my mac. I know there are apps that let me do this over wifi but it only works when your on the same wifi network as your mac. Thanks Guys

ragingyeti

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Try a search for VNC viewer. Im sure there are apps out there for this, but you would have to pay for them, and it was never important enough for me to spend money on it to try it out.

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted just to start. But anyways is there any app on the android app store that will let me connect to my mac at home over 3g? Because I am always on the go and sometimes I need to access files on my mac. I know there are apps that let me do this over wifi but it only works when your on the same wifi network as your mac. Thanks Guys

Dropbox is a good solution for this. You create a folder, and the contents of that folder are available on the computer you install it on, over the web, and on your phone. Instant sync across all devices.

gruss

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
+ 1 for Dropbox. Box.net is also pretty good but not as slick. There are other ways but require poking holes in your firewall and generally just being a pita without a static ip.

sent from my phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo