Unread messages

bnsteele5

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
For some reason when I go into my messages it is saying I have unread messages when I don't. Even after I delete all messages it still says I have unread messages. Anyone else having this issue? The only thing I do is turn off my lte radio when I am not using it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

DroidnOk

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue with my "first" Bolt. On my first one, my Bolt would actually reboot itself. It did that about 8 times total. So I took it back the day after its release and swapped it with another one. So far so good. No issues.

bnsteele5

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any reboot issues, but it also did the message unread thing on Wednesday. I know it isn't a big deal but little things like that bother me to no end.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

AirlinerDudeB6

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My bolt will show that I have unread text messages as well.

I have noticed that if you let your conversation grow rather large (50+ sms or mms)...and use the back button to go back out of a new incomming message in an existing conversation...you have to wait a copule seconds on the main text message screen (the one with all your convos listed) and the indicator will clear itself.

There seems to be a short lag in the clearing of the new message indicator.

Im like you...not a big deal but it bugs me!

Hope that makes sense.

psycho_maniac

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
The (1) icon disappears after you get another sms, read the message, then go back and wait when your in the conversation list. It will away. Or you can just use handcent :)

Shygar

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a somewhat related problem. I tried using the voice to text button while in a SMS message. It didn't work very well so i just deleted it and came out of it. Now whenever I go into the message history for the same person, it is automatically pasting in a message that I previously typed (not the last message, a few messages before that). I have to select all and delete this every time, but it only happens for this one conversation.

Has anyone run into this issue before? I assume deleting the message history will clear it up but I didn't want to do anything yet.

Wantec

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
For some reason when I go into my messages it is saying I have unread messages when I don't. Even after I delete all messages it still says I have unread messages. Anyone else having this issue? The only thing I do is turn off my lte radio when I am not using it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
Is this for emails or text/pic messages? Cause my wife and I have this problem with emails on our gmail accounts. Every so often we'll miss one and the only way we can seem to find them through gmail on a desktop or laptop. I think it's something with how emails are grouped by threads (same title for the email).

hunterswift

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Solution (if you are referring to Gmail):

While in your mail, hit the magnifying glass button to search,
type: is: Unread

And it will show you all the unread emails, so you can open/read or delete. This often happens when you receive multiple emails from the same person or a duplicate email.