Software version. New battery FIRMWARE....

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My version is the same.

Might also be interesting to compare PRLs since I've seen them require reboots. Mine is 15008. No change since new.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

15008 as well for the PRL.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Lib and lipo follow the same rules of caretaking. Never drain completely, charge frequently, and don't overheat if you want to promote longevity.

Also traumatic damage can have severe repercussions. If the batterys cells are compromised (by spamming or dropping) the battery could be toast and quite possibly your phone if it ignites (sounds crazy but it happens).

Last edited:

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My TB did a mystery shutdown this morning. Sort of like a mystery reboot, I suppose. Took it off the charger, used it a bit, and when I took it out while I was at the gas station this morning, it was off? Not sure what happened.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
No reboot here either and I'm sitting at the same as everyone else: 1.12.605.6

.......so you haven't used your phone (much at all) in 4 days? :confused:

My uptime was at 6 days. It only resets when you do a battery pull or restart. There is really not a reason to do either unless installing, bumping, or other not normal reasons.

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I know windows benefits from regular restarts for memory reasons. I have no idea if android does but word is that it's not a bad idea to restart once in a while. In any case I calibrated my battery last night and have yet to experience any mystery reboots. Still have enough stock firmware version (1.12.605.6)

E90 Commie

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Regarding Lithium polymer battery: modern phones are using something called Lithium Ion Polymer - that is the technology behind those slim batteries we have. The concept means that the battery itself consists of a "gel" that you can shape in different ways to create a thin battery. One of the first devices with this kind of battery was the Ericsson T28s.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
My phone did a random reboot while i was at work today. I never even noticed until i went on a break and pulled down my notifications bar. All my recent programs were gone. I opened my settings and noticed that my uptime and awake time had reset about 19 minutes prior. Hmm, very interesting. I haven't noticed any changes and i have not had any issues with mine since day one (unless you count not being able to put it down as an issue.) Never had it random reboot either. Wondering what is going on as i have never had Verizon "push" anything to my phone without my knowledge.

Shygar

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My phone uptime is 119 hours and I have not noticed any automatic rebooting recently. Battery life is still pretty decent today although I recently switched from auto brightness to about 20-25% (big difference for me).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa