TB shut off by itself

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi we have 2 thunderbolts and my wifes has had several times where she went to check the phone for a message or to send a message and it was turned off. No it was not in sleep mode, power button was not pressed by accident or anything like that, the the power button had to be held until it turned back on and went through the boot up. this has happened several times (3-5) on her's and once on mine. My wife texted me this morning that it happened again she woke up went to take phone off charger cord we put them on every night and her's was off when she treid to go to home screen. we have also experienced sevral reboots. Reboots I can deal with but not the shut offs our daughter has asthma and we need to be able to be reached in an emergency. Has anyone else exerienced this issue? It has never been becuase of a low battery we both have never used it enough to drain battery any less than 35% in a day. we are new to android and came over from BB we both love the phones speed and os, the battery could be better for heavier use.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'd look at what apps you have in common. Then maybe a factory reset. If neither of those work, call Verizon for a replacement.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I looked for threads with this topic only ones were for resets this is not a reset it's a shut off with out a auto restart. the phone could be off for a long time before you notice. the second link is another forum site with people who have experienced this problem but so far no fixes just a couple who exchanged phones.

Last edited:

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I looked for threads with this topic only ones were for resets this is not a reset it's a shut off with out a auto restart. the phone could be off for a long time before you notice. the second link is another forum site with people who have experienced this problem but so far no fixes just a couple who exchanged phones.

Do you have Color Note on your phone? This has been reported here to cause exactly that behavior. Mine did the same on an overnight charge (which I no longer have to do) and I had Color Note installed. Removed it and no repeat so far.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
have you guys looked at your PRL versions since it shut off?

mine rebooted, said "1" for the last 2 days, now has reverted back to "15008".
it's the only thing that's changed (noticed in particular b/c of another thread similar to rebooting/PRL changes issues)

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I had this exact issue happen for the first time last night...some point while on the charger it shut off.

Mine shut off lastnight too! It was on the charger and I use it as my alarm clock since it charges on my night stand and it was off. Lucky I can hear my nephews alarm go off so I know its close to getting up. So I went to check and it was off.

No firmware of PRL change since I have kept an eye on them, from reading another thread.

FYI, live south of Detroit and in LTE area

ISUVetMed

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
This happened to mine today, woke up and phone was off. Using the stock charger and done have very many apps installed. The ones I do have are mostly the amazon free app of the day. Kind of odd, hoping it doesnt continue because im outside of the 14 day windows and with verizons new change to warranty replacements I dont want to get stuck paying for a new device.

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine shut off today and I couldn't get it to turn back on. Thought my battery had died so I plugged it in (still had 45%). Wouldn't charge. Had to pull the battery to get it to restart. Took it to Verizon because then I couldn't get a signal. They ended up cycling it off and on while putting it the "airplane mode" to get it to work again. Only issue I have had so far.

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
have you guys looked at your PRL versions since it shut off?

mine rebooted, said "1" for the last 2 days, now has reverted back to "15008".
it's the only thing that's changed (noticed in particular b/c of another thread similar to rebooting/PRL changes issues)

Glad I looked at this thread. Mine just did the same thing earlier this afternoon. My PRL now says 1.

adaorange

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen to me once while texting. Suddenly the phone rebooted itself right in the middle of me typing a text. I do have Colornote installed....if it happens again I am going to remove colornote.