factory reset

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If I do a factory reset, my phone will automatically activate itself because of the SIM card right? I wont need to call vzw?

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That is correct. I did a factory reset on mine and didnt have to call verizon or anything. Just set it up to my likings again.

Just remember to not activate that vzw backup thing when you do the reset.

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That is correct. I did a factory reset on mine and didnt have to call verizon or anything. Just set it up to my likings again.

Just remember to not activate that vzw backup thing when you do the reset.

that stupid tech guy who activated my phone turned that on for me.... hah

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
that stupid tech guy who activated my phone turned that on for me.... hah

I actually had to replace my TB at verizon, and they did before they gave it to me to set everything else up. That was actually the last thing they did before they handed me the phone. the second I got in the car I factory reset it again so I could not activate it that time! HA!

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
What's so bad about backup assistant?

You're backing up your contacts with Verizon opposed to Google's server. Flashing different roms all the time. It's better that I back my contacts with my Google account. Theyre way easier to recover after a data wipe

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
What's so bad about backup assistant?

it runs in the background and does an update daily. my brother has a limited data plan and this was a big issue for him as it used up a lot of data. i personally just dont like it because it kind of messes up my contacts. it imports both my google and the backup assistant. they get grouped together, but i hate how when i select my contacts, it shows 3-4 contacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non