Corrupted photos or deleted images in gallery

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when I take photos they disappear from the gallery. But going in to a file manager, I can still see them in the images folder. What gives?

Also, sometimes after shooting some pics, I go back in to gallery and see a strange icon where there used to be a thumbnail and the photo I used to see there, is now gone. What's up with that?

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what causes it, but here's something that may work to get the photos to show again. Open your file manager and go to sdcard/dcim/.thumbnails. Delete all of the thumbnail files and go back to the gallery. The phone will recreate thumbnails for the photos and everything should reappear. I hope this helps.

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
There is an app in the market called SDRescan. It does what it says... rescans the SD card. I've noticed that pictures sometimes don't show up when loaded, but they ARE there if I use a file explorer. SDRescan always fixes this for me.

Reactions: mo-bile#AC

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
There is an app in the market called SDRescan. It does what it says... rescans the SD card. I've noticed that pictures sometimes don't show up when loaded, but they ARE there if I use a file explorer. SDRescan always fixes this for me.

That did it. Thanks!

ollix

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I would want to ask your help regarding my corrupted photos in my Android phone gallery. How can I recover my corrupted photos.

Please help.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888