Watching movies on your TB?

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Anybody doing it? How does it look/sound?

I'm trying to figure out how to rip my dvds to mp4. I can get them into .vob files but can't find a program that convers the .vob to MP4 that doesn't cost money.

Any ideas/tips/program recommendations?

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Handbrake does the job, without costing a dime. I do min eon the ATV2 setting, however for the Bolt I have found that Universal seems to work best. The ATV2 was causign some choppiness..

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Anybody doing it? How does it look/sound?

I'm trying to figure out how to rip my dvds to mp4. I can get them into .vob files but can't find a program that convers the .vob to MP4 that doesn't cost money.

Any ideas/tips/program recommendations?

Yes, I've rented two Blockbuster movies just to see how it would be.

They download REALLY fast, rental is for 24 hours, and they sounded great on my head phones - on speaker they were only so-so, you would need a quiet room to enjoy the movie.

I watched one in bed and one at work (while doing mindless paper work)

OFace

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've put about 15 movies and a few seasons of Family Guy on my phone so far. Most are in .avi format. I use RockPlayer to watch them and they come out great. Every now and then the movie will get choppy and I'll pause the movie and restart it and everything is fine again.

elai1108

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've put about 15 movies and a few seasons of Family Guy on my phone so far. Most are in .avi format. I use RockPlayer to watch them and they come out great. Every now and then the movie will get choppy and I'll pause the movie and restart it and everything is fine again.
Does Handbrake work for any DVD movie purchased? I thought there is protection on DVDs.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have never used Handbrake.. I've been using the imTOO DVD Ripper which, btw, is not free.

But the movie experience has been great. I kinda prop the phone with the kickstand on the edge of the desk when I have it plugged into the charger.

Never tried BitBop or Blockbuster. How much does BitBop cost? I've been using TV Show Streams to catch up with all my TV shows... Well, almost all... I have not found Two And A Half Men or WWE /TNA shows.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've rented two Blockbuster movies just to see how it would be.

They download REALLY fast, rental is for 24 hours, and they sounded great on my head phones - on speaker they were only so-so, you would need a quiet room to enjoy the movie.

I watched one in bed and one at work (while doing mindless paper work)

After downloading a Blockbuster movie is it possible to transmit it wirelessly through WiFi DNLA using the Connected Media app, or do the Blockbuster movies only play in a proprietary Blockbuster player?

If the movies can be sent to a TV, then what is the resolution of the video file (HD 1080, 720 or WVGA 480 res)?

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Problem. Converted a movie to Apple Universal and the file size is 5.56 GB. When I try to put it on the my TB it says the file is too large for the destination file system. Any workaround?

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Problem. Converted a movie to Apple Universal and the file size is 5.56 GB. When I try to put it on the my TB it says the file is too large for the destination file system. Any workaround?

The file size is way too big, that wouldn't even play on my cpu since the hard drive is FAT32, I believe the TB SD card is too. You would need a file size less than 4 GB, at least that's what the FAT32 hard drive formats max out at.

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

What movie are we talking about. I encode a lot of movies, never had one that size..

Xharakov

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

As far as I've read, the Thunderbolt gets janky when a movie file is larger than 2GB and you'll probably experience issues, or flat out be prohibited from even loading it as you've seen. 5.56GB seems awfully large for a ripped DVD.
I used AnyDVD to rip a 2-hour DVD to my hard drive, and Handbrake to convert it to MP4, and it came out at 1.86GB and looks and plays flawlessly on my Thunderbolt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274