Blockbuster app drains battery

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok so after I found an article about turning off the blockbuster background movie downloads, I tried turning them off and my battery lasts all day now even on 4g. I use a live wallpaper (thunderstorm go figure) and I'm getting a full days use now.

So now I'm thinking they need to release an update to take blockbuster off the bolt

Anyone else try this?

Reactions: Eclipse2K

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok so after I found an article about turning off the blockbuster background movie downloads, I tried turning them off and my battery lasts all day now even on 4g. I use a live wallpaper (thunderstorm go figure) and I'm getting a full days use now.

So now I'm thinking they need to release an update to take blockbuster off the bolt

Anyone else try this?

How do I turn off the automatic updates?

Nevermind, got it! Update and go to settings and click disable movie updates. :)

Does it really help that much

tender

Jan 13, 2010
terpconnect.umd.edu

I think they need to remove the Blockbuster app because they are getting bought out by Dish Network. If you want a good laugh, read the comments for the Blockbuster app in the Android market. It might be the worst app ever.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a difference in my battery life lately, it used to last 5 hours now I get about a days use. Hope it helps you guys

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This is why Verizon needs to let us remove all this bloatware! If they would allow people to remove, or even disable the damn bloatware on OUR phones then the rooting "problem" would drop and they wouldn't have to play this stupid race on trying to one up the hacking community and place expensive checks and balances in place.

Hey Verizion....let us remove these stupid apps and we won't root our phones!

goowakjai34

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else try this?

Welcome to March 18th!

Just kidding, you can disable updates on the blockbuster app. The best thing to do is root the phone and uninstall it completely w/ Titanium.