SMS Vibration not working?

RZRtv

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I've tried everything I can think of, and I can't get the phone to vibrate when I receive a text message!

Haptic Feedback works, and it also vibrates during a call or whenever I change the volume setting to vibrate. however, it never vibrates when I get a text message. it isn't just a matter of me not being able to hear it. I can't feel it even if I'm gripping the phone as I receive the message.

any fixes?

RestlessDroid

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
This may be a silly question but have you open the messages app then hit menu>settings? There is a place there specifically for vibrating when receiving a text.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RZRtv

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
no, that's just the question you had to ask :p I looked in the normal Settings app, but I didn't see that. Didn't realize I had to open up the settings from Messages.

thanks for the help guys.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Glad we could help... always use the Menu key in any app to see if there is a Settings there that will help customize any app... including ones that come in the OS.

RestlessDroid

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
no, that's just the question you had to ask :p I looked in the normal Settings app, but I didn't see that. Didn't realize I had to open up the settings from Messages.

thanks for the help guys.

Good to hear. I never feel this phone vibrate when it is on my side. I wish it was a little stronger.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to have messages vibrate only when the phone is put on vibrate and not when the sound profile is set to normal? They only way I can get msgs to vibrate is when i check the "vibrate box" in sms settings which also makes it vibrate when the actual phone is NOT on vibrate. I know that may be confusing but any help is appreciated.