How to sync gmail group contacts???

johnsonwj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a TB, I cannot sync gmail contact groups from the computer to phone. The groups show up on the phone but they all have (0) and no contacts. In accounts and sync: managing apps: I can check sync contacts and it will say sync is currently experiencing problems. What do I do to get this to work?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a TB, I cannot sync gmail contact groups from the computer to phone. The groups show up on the phone but they all have (0) and no contacts. In accounts and sync: managing apps: I can check sync contacts and it will say sync is currently experiencing problems. What do I do to get this to work?

Note: I wrote this response *assuming* you mean to sync over the air. Upon re-reading I'm not sure if you mean sync with your personal computer. If so, real note below this post.

It would help to know where you are seeing this info.

Where are you seeing the "groups" that all say zero? I look at People | Menu | View and I see 4 "Options" Google, Exchange, SIM, Phone". Are these the "groups" you are saying are zero? 'Cuz these are not the groups that you sync.

Are you looking at Menu | Settings | Accounts and Sync? This does not list groups but should list any accounts you have setup and whether or not they are set to auto-sync. Tap on one (i.e. Google) and then you should see the option to sync Contacts, Gmail and Calendar. I have only checked the Calendar because I am syncing the other two using ActiveSync (from the previous screen where I have Contacts and Email checked).

Does any of this help? Let us know exactly what you mean by groups.

It is worthy to note that you must first establish contacts in at least one of the major categories - Phone, Google, Exchange/Activesync or SIM. Only Google and ExchangeActivesync have sync options under Menu | Settings | Accounts & Sync. Plus any "other" mail account you might have configured.

You might be getting an error that can be eliminated by simply turning off a duplicate sync that is failing.

Note: If you want to sync from your phone to your computer, is it MS Outlook you want to sync to? There are a few more solutions. Some involve using the provided HTCSense program, other involve buying an app from the Market Place.

-Frank

johnsonwj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response. All I want to do is have my gmail contacts in specific groups (from my computer online gmail) on my phone. I have specific groups in my email but it is not on my phone. On my phone it is labeled groups but no contacts are in it. The group labels will sync but not the actual contacts.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana