Anyone getting double texts from the same person? Just started happening tonight from my wife who has the same phone.
    04-18-2011 11:17 PM
    Anyone? i can't be the only one with this problem.
    04-19-2011 07:04 AM
    Do you mean double texts within the same SMS program? Or do you have the stock SMS and another one like Handcent and just did not turn off the notifications of the stock SMS app?
    04-19-2011 07:13 AM
    Are you using Handcent app?
    04-19-2011 07:14 AM
    Stock SMS that came with the phone.
    04-19-2011 07:16 AM
    Stock SMS that came with the phone.
    Are you running a certain Rom?

TboltMeatclaws-talkatap
    04-19-2011 07:21 AM
    Nope. All stock. It happened when I was in a building. Not sure if that had anything to do with it?
    04-19-2011 07:23 AM
    It sounds like a network issue rather than phone. But try Setting, Applications, All, Messages, Clear data.
    04-19-2011 07:53 AM
    Ok I'll try that. Thanks for the help.
    04-19-2011 07:55 AM
    Ok I'll try that. Thanks for the help.
    It's coming from your wife's TBolt as I have the same problem of my wife's EVO receiving triple texts from me sometimes. This never happened when I was on AT&T with my 3GS.

My comment in this thread at the end: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...t-3-times.html

Now, I did notice one thing yesterday. She was getting triple texts from me with the stock phone/battery. I then bought the HTC extended battery. No more triple texts. I switched back to the OEM 1400 battery yesterday and she got three triple texts (9 total) yesterday.

Could be coincidence, could be a clue.
    04-19-2011 08:14 AM
    It's coming from your wife's TBolt as I have the same problem of my wife's EVO receiving triple texts from me sometimes. This never happened when I was on AT&T with my 3GS.

My comment in this thread at the end: Text messages sending out 3 times - Android Forums

Now, I did notice one thing yesterday. She was getting triple texts from me with the stock phone/battery. I then bought the HTC extended battery. No more triple texts. I switched back to the OEM 1400 battery yesterday and she got three triple texts (9 total) yesterday.

Could be coincidence, could be a clue.

it's about this time, Bennnnn would chime in--CUPHOLDER
    04-19-2011 09:49 AM
    I have the TB, gf has the OG droid. She was getting triple texts from me yesterday. I reset phone and it was back to normal.
    04-19-2011 12:51 PM
    Odd mine started doing this today too. I'm running just the stock messaging app.
    04-19-2011 02:44 PM
    That actually happens to me quite frequently. I just restart the phone when it happens and it normally stops. I've never tried clearing the data tho..
    04-20-2011 01:49 PM
    Is it a bug in the stock messaging app? Will switching to GoSms get rid of the triplicate messages that recipients receive?
    04-29-2011 01:04 AM
    I had duplicate text messages coming in. Pulled the battery and it went away and then came back. Anonymous messages come in the second one has the same 4 digit number as the from. Tried Handcent SMS, no fix, uninstalled, reset phone nothing. Called VZ support and they reset the messaging while the phone was off. Seems to have worked. not getting duplicate messages. I will update if the solution turns out not to work.
    04-29-2011 07:28 AM
    Are you guys running a stock battery? Cause it's happened again for me that the stock battery caused triple texts to be sent (note I never get triple incoming texts (but no one that sends me texts has a TBolt) and as soon as I swap back to the 2750, it stops.
    04-29-2011 08:54 AM
    Are you guys running a stock battery? Cause it's happened again for me that the stock battery caused triple texts to be sent (note I never get triple incoming texts (but no one that sends me texts has a TBolt) and as soon as I swap back to the 2750, it stops.
    It's very hard for me to believe that it is actually the battery itself causing this issue. However, I can believe it might be the antenna (that is in the battery door). What I suspected right away is that this might be a connection or signal strength issue. If the phone has an unstable signal it might keep trying to send thinking the message has not been sent yet due to signal errors.

How is your data connection/signal during these episodes?

-Frank
    04-29-2011 10:52 AM
    It's very hard for me to believe that it is actually the battery itself causing this issue. However, I can believe it might be the antenna (that is in the battery door). What I suspected right away is that this might be a connection or signal strength issue. If the phone has an unstable signal it might keep trying to send thinking the message has not been sent yet due to signal errors.

How is your data connection/signal during these episodes?

-Frank
    I know, weird, right? I can't discern any difference in signal strength between each battery/door. But only having a four bar strength meter, I haven't checked.

The next time I swap these out, I'll check the About phone/network signal strength.

But unfortunately, I went over my text messages allotment last month (I only have 500) and at some of those were the triples. But I don't have records of them (in the account detail, they look really long text messages broken up by 160 character limit) of when it happened. And I don't think it happened more than say 15 times total so it's not worth it to me to spend an hour on the phone with support to get back $1.50.
    04-29-2011 10:56 AM
    Id be more inclined to believe the problem is reset from taking out the battery and restarting the phone, than the battery, or antennas solving the problem.
    04-29-2011 11:35 AM
    Id be more inclined to believe the problem is reset from taking out the battery and restarting the phone, than the battery, or antennas solving the problem.
    Except that is has only happened with the stock battery and never on the extended, regardless of reboots/turn offs and on.

Again, that's my experience.
    04-29-2011 11:36 AM
    My problem was incoming only and yes it was the stock battery.
    04-29-2011 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD