Alright someone PLEASE help! 125mA Battery Draw!

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Alright, here is the facts:

I've had this model phone for 2 weeks.
Yesterday I got a replacement phone because my old one had a dead pixel.
I kept (and I am using) my old battery, charger, SIM card and SD card from the old phone.
My GPS is off.
My wi-fi is off.
My mobile data is off.
My screen brightness is the lowest.
All syncing is off.
Background syncing is off.
I deleted all of my apps except CurrentWidget.
I have rebooted several times.
My battery is stuck at 35% (if that matters), it wont go down.
Battery info in settings>power doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.
I downloaded some $3 app to track CPU usage and nothing seems out of the ordinary.
On my old phone, I never had any of these issues.
On my old phone, I had ~30mA power when idle (meaning screen off).
I am consistently using ~125mA power when idle (meaning screen off).

WTF. Anything else I can do?
I'll try a full system reset but I doubt thats going to do anything.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Install System Panel and see if you can find something using alot of CPU.

Edit: nm.. that's probably what you referenced.

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Install System Panel and see if you can find something using alot of CPU.

Edit: nm.. that's probably what you referenced.

Yep thats the app I used, nothing unusual there. It idled at about 15%-20% CPU, is that normal? I'm going to do a battery pull right now.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
How do I reset the SIM? And the battery cover is on all the way.

Pop the battery out. There's a little metal drawer at the bottom (I think there's an arrow that says "SIM" or something). Use your nail to slide it out, pull the SIM out, pop it back in and close the drawer. The drawer is prety fragile, so be careful. Make sure it's snug, pop the battery back in and close the cover.

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Pop the battery out. There's a little metal drawer at the bottom (I think there's an arrow that says "SIM" or something). Use your nail to slide it out, pull the SIM out, pop it back in and close the drawer. The drawer is prety fragile, so be careful. Make sure it's snug, pop the battery back in and close the cover.

Did it right now, booting.

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sorry - idle. Mine is 250 when it has prob

Added quotes

2011/04/29 20:37:07,-132mA,16%,com.htc.android.htcime;android.process.acore;com.android.phone;system;com.manor.currentwidget;android.process.media;com.htc.bg;com.htc.bgp;com.htc.launcher;com.android.mms;com.fusionone.android.sync.service;com.htc.sdm;com.google.process.gapps;com.htc.android.worldclock;com.android.settings;com.android.htccontacts;com.google.android.apps.uploader;com.android.vending;com.android.browser;com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox;com.htc.mim;com.motricity.verizon.ssoengine;com.google.android.gm;com.htc.android.Stock;com.htc.wdm;com.htc.music;com.htc.VzWBackupAssistantClient;com.htc.searchanywhere;com.htc.googlereader;com.android.updater;com.htc.cspeoplesync;com.cequint.ecid;com.htc.RosieUtility;com.htc.widget.clockwidget;com.google.android.epst;com.google.android.apps.maps:NetworkLocationService;com.google.android.apps.maps:FriendService;mobi.infolife.uninstaller;com.pv.wmdrmservice;com.htc.BugReport;com.google.android.partnersetup;com.vznavigator.ADR6400L;com.htc.opensense;com.smithmicro.DM;com.htc.htcMessageUploader;com.htc.android.omadm.service;com.android.voicedialer;com.pv.pvmtpservicestart;com.htc.fm;s.