BEST way to back up my Thunderbolt for BAMF upgrade?

daniel178

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Sorry for the n00b question, but which is the BEST, most COMPLETE way to back up my personal data, if I want to update from BAMF 1.3.2 to 1.6? I want to do a clean wipe, then install 1.6, and then restore my files/data, including: photos, videos, installed apps, phone contacts, SIM contacts, Facebook links to contacts, downloaded live wallpapers, downloaded ringtones, downloaded documents, etc., etc.

Should I use HTCSense.com to back up? Verizon? An app? Which is the best/most complete/easiest?

Thank you!!!

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Titanium backup, or My Backup Pro... I'd say the latter is "the best/most complete/easiest". I don't think either will be as perfect as you want it, but it will get you pretty close. Remember, stuff on your sd card will be untouched.

Reactions: Chrisy

66dude

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Titanium backup, or My Backup Pro... I'd say the latter is "the best/most complete/easiest". I don't think either will be as perfect as you want it, but it will get you pretty close. Remember, stuff on your sd card will be untouched.

I agree, and wish to add that there is a special ROOT version of MyBackup Pro that does a few additional and critical things to make things a lot easier. Two of the things I can remember is that it not only backs up your apps, but also the data for each app. Also, it only takes a few taps to restore the data without it prompting you if you want to restore each and every app. Just remember that when you use MyBackup Pro Root, don't sync the contacts or calendar. Google handles that part. Google can also restore the apps, but the problem I see with this method is that it does not restore the data for each app, and not all apps are restored.

nmscuba

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Sorry for the n00b question, but which is the BEST, most COMPLETE way to back up my personal data, if I want to update from BAMF 1.3.2 to 1.6? I want to do a clean wipe, then install 1.6, and then restore my files/data, including: photos, videos, installed apps, phone contacts, SIM contacts, Facebook links to contacts, downloaded live wallpapers, downloaded ringtones, downloaded documents, etc., etc.

Should I use HTCSense.com to back up? Verizon? An app? Which is the best/most complete/easiest?

Thank you!!!

Where did you find 1.6? I don't believe that one is out yet, if it is would you kindly point us in that direction. Im running 1.5 remix and just checked XDA and he does not have 1.6 posted yet