Battery Probs Since Update? Read This!!

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I know that many of us have been having battery problems since the update, I had problems to the point where I could only get about two hours of battery use before it would completely drain. Before the update my stock battery was amazing. I was so upset that I could no longer use my phone to its full capacity that I basically called Verizon to cancel my account. Before I continue I would like to say this is in no way a scam to try and get free things I just feel that many of us paid almost $600.00 for this phone therefore we should be able to use it. Continuing with my story I was transferred to tech support, the rep had to basically calm me down because I was to the point where I was sick of excuses, basically fed up, after she read the 5 billion notes on my account she basically offered me the extended battery for free if I chose to try it before canceling, and I must say it's the best decision I have made regarding this phone. The 2750 mah extended battery lasted me a day and then some with surfing, calls, text and watching movies. So if any of you don't mind the hump (btw it's not bad at all, to me it makes the phone look and feel sturdy) and prefer great battery life I would complain because fair is fair, we had no problem giving them our money for the phone so why should they have a problem compensating us for their mistakes. I hope this post can help someone. Have a great day all, and I hope your problems due to update are eliminated soon.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 extended batteries, though I paid for them full price minus a 25% discount I receive through my employer.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad that worked out for you. I've been through these battery issues ever since I bought my first smartphone. I learned a long time ago about smartphones and batteries. The very day I picked up my TBolt at the store I walked out with a free extra battery (the "free" part is another post). I was planning on buying it if it were not free. I knew I would need it. Then, after I got back home, I ordered two extended batteries from VZW on-line for $38 each (my discounted price).

Bottom line... big-screen smartphones use tons of juice (even phones without problems!).

-Frank

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad that worked out for you. I've been through these battery issues ever since I bought my first smartphone. I learned a long time ago about smartphones and batteries. The very day I picked up my TBolt at the store I walked out with a free extra battery (the "free" part is another post). I was planning on buying it if it were not free. I knew I would need it. Then, after I got back home, I ordered two extended batteries from VZW on-line for $38 each (my discounted price).

Bottom line... big-screen smartphones use tons of juice (even phones without problems!).

-Frank
Hey Frank,

Coming from iphone4 I had no idea, and on top of that I had good battery life on stock until update. Guess I'm still learning about the different systems.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 extended batteries, though I paid for them full price minus a 25% discount I receive through my employer.
Hi joe,

I would have paid for my extended battery upfront if I had all of the problems with update. But when I first got my phone after a bit of configuring the phone to my needs the battery was good. Since update all hell broke loose, was not used to that.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if anywhere in stock menus you can see how long your phone has been "Powered on" because I just activated phone yesterday at 5:30pm and turned on with 2750mAh battery but today under "Battery" menu it only list the time phone was Up / Awake which is

Up Time: 14:15:06
Awake Time: 3:14:37

Which is no where near 24 + hours being it is 3 minutes to 6 here atm. This a bug and no my phone hasn't restarted because I didn't do the pos broke update it's on stock build?

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have 22 hours of uptime and 1 hour of awake time and i'm sitting at 90% battery right now. Love this battery!
I love it as well best decision I made was to allow them to send me the battery, I had no clue that it would be this great, I read posts about it but to actually experience it is totally different.

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
This all ignores the fact the battery life was OK BEFORE THE UPDATE!!! So you are now happy they grafted a tumor to the back of an already heavy phone?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Only using the phone for 1 hour out of 22 isn't really impressive.

Set from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk.

Never claimed my usage was impressive but a lot people claim their battery goes dead over night. No worries about that happening here.