Wrong number on text messages

BigDogDVJ

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine just got a Thunderbolt yesterday and whenever he sends a text from the stock messaging app or Handcent the number displayed with it is the phone's IMSI number. Replies to the texts don't reach him.

If you send a text to his actual phone number he does get those but when he replies, it comes in with the IMSI number.

Any idea where I can change the setting so it uses his actual number?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine just got a Thunderbolt yesterday and whenever he sends a text from the stock messaging app or Handcent the number displayed with it is the phone's IMSI number. Replies to the texts don't reach him.

If you send a text to his actual phone number he does get those but when he replies, it comes in with the IMSI number.

Any idea where I can change the setting so it uses his actual number?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

this is going to sound very stupid--but it's worked for a lot of people
power down, battery pull, sim card pull, insert sim card, insert battery, power up

worked for lots, not a guarantee but it seems to do the trick

just a friendly reminder: do NOT dial *228 on the Thunderbolt to set it up. it'll botch your SIM card & require a nice trip back to the Verizon Store.

Last edited:

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't you also verify the displayed call back number in settings?
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

chowder_pants

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
mine did that too. I just called Verizon and they told me to do the power down, pull batter and Sim card talked about above. Everything works fine now

BigDogDVJ

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick responses!

I'll have him try the sim card pull and let you all know how it goes.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

BigDogDVJ

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to let you all know that pulling and re-seating the sim card worked like a charm!

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk