Going from 4G to 3G areas

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
My question is normal for a phone to reboot when you leave a 4g and go into a 3g area? This has happened to me everytime..

Sent from my THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My question is normal for a phone to reboot when you leave a 4g and go into a 3g area? This has happened to me everytime..

Sent from my THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

No. VZW says if your TBolt is spontaneously rebooting to call CS and they will replace it. Also, there is an OTA update due out by the end of the month that is supposed to address this.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

Lubie1

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I finally broke down an asked them to send a refurbished phone. I was trying my hardest to deal with the constant restarts but then noticed the other night my phone turned itself off. I have a grandchild about to be born any day and can't afford to miss that call!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
same thing is happening to me, whenever I drop 4G, the phone shuts off or reboots. but I am on MR2.5 radio and das bamf remix 2.1. isn't MR2 supposed to be the fix?

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
same thing is happening to me, whenever I drop 4G, the phone shuts off or reboots. but I am on MR2.5 radio and das bamf remix 2.1. isn't MR2 supposed to be the fix?
Apparently not if you're still suffering the reboots. Probably why it failed VZW testing and wasn't released officially.