Change Phone Voice Mail Button to stop going to Verizon Visual Voice

Ernesto Morin

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
How in the world do you change the voice mail button on the phone pad to stop going to the stupid Verizon visual voice mail? To top it off that app wants me to get off wifi to subscribe. I don't want that thing.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I don't even use Verizon's voicemail, I use Google Voice for my voicemail. That way I don't have to worry about my mailbox ever being full.

rsc.bioeng

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I can't get the voicemail app to stop asking for me to turn off wi-fi. I've done it 5 times now and every time I turn wi-fi back on and hit the button, it asks me to turn off wi-fi.
visual voicemail subscription error.jpg
What a pain!:( I hear all this talk about how 'customizable' this phone is, yet I can't get that voicemail button (the one in the phone app) to just dial my voicemail!
voicemail button.jpg
Does anyone have this phone and use basic voicemail? If so, how did they get the "I don't want to pay for visual voicemail" setting to stick?
Maybe the programmers at Verizon just don't like to be 'dissed! I didn't opt for the free trial of visual voicemail. Maybe they're just upset that I'm looking their gift horse in the mouth!

TechLG

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Just hold the "1" key down until it switches screens. At that time it has already dialed voicemail. I have always done it this way even on my previous phones. Never a problem.

TechLG

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Just hold the "1" key down until it switches screens. At that time it has already dialed voicemail. I have always done it this way even on my previous phones. Never a problem.

dabilderberg

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
There must be a way to download a different keypad to fix this, because I agree with you guys. Verizon wants an extra $3 a month that bad? Can anyone help?

DGoebel57

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Even after disabling Visual Voice Mail, that button still only launches the VVM. Bummer, that would be convenient down there...

Pressing the dialpad 1 button does dial my voice mail, and I've added the , and pin to auto enter the standard voicemail password when pressing the 1.

Be interesting to see if enough of us wanted to customize that button a change would be made.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have this device, so I can't comment accurately--but what happens if you select Verizon Visual Voicemail in Settings/Apps/All (or the App Manager), and tap Clear Defaults? Is that even an option? I wonder if you clear its defaults, would pressing that voicemail button give you any other option to choose from besides VVM?

Posted via Android Central App

Troy Dutton

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
On Google Play Store download an app called "Verizon Voicemail" by BranTek Apps. Replace your voice mail icon with this one. All the icon does is dial your voice mail. Unfortunately it does not show you how many new voice mails you have beside the icon, but at least you get rid of the annoying requests to subscribe to Verizon Visual Voice.

NCHornet

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't expecting this type of basic problem when I switched from the IPhone to the LG G2. Every time it tells me to turn off wi-fi Ijust shake my head. I will try what Troy said and see if that helps. Thanks
NCH

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I had always checked voicemail via notifications and also don't use WiFi much so I hadn't encountered this. Definitely annoying. Thankfully accessing voicemail via notifications or the 1 key on the dial pad help avoid that!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

dasseattle

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the G3, and after trying a whole lot of other things, I found the following in a Verizon forum, and it's so simple it made me want to kick myself. I removed Visual Voice Mail as a feature on my phone on the My Verizon web site and it did indeed go away. Given you do this on the web site and not on the phone, I figure it should work for other phones.

So; on the My Verizon web site, go to Change Features, and Visual Voice Mail basic will probably show up as one of your subscribed features. Remove it, go through the rest of the process to finalize, then restart your phone. Voila, the voice mail icons/buttons etc should now just call up regular voice mail.

lwagg2

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
i just went did this on my att note 4 i went into application-all- visual voicemail and disabled it and now my button dials voicemail

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch