Verizon LG G2 - Disable notification vibration from email but keep SMS vibration

chesall

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to figure this out for a while. How do you make it so gmail won't vibrate when you get a new mail but will still show the icon for new mail AND texts will still notify? Gmail has vibrate off for notification but it still does it. I can't put notification stength down to zero because then i don't know when i get texts. I am looking at the app and it says it won't vibrate and yet it does. I get a lot of unimportant emails and i dont want to check my phone every time one comes through because i can't differentiate it from a text. Thanks

roscko

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Bump.

I have this exact same issue, and it's driving me nuts. I think only Gmail does this, where the vibrate option is UNCHECKED, but it still vibrates when I get new Gmail mail!

roscko

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I did some experimenting trying the below cases:

• Phone on vibrate mode, Gmail notification sound checked, Gmail notification vibrate unchecked: phone vibrates with new mail
  • Phone on vibrate mode, Gmail notification sound unchecked, Gmail vibrate unchecked: phone DOESN'T vibrate with new mail
  • Phone on normal sound, Gmail notification sound checked, Gmail notification vibrate unchecked: phone DOESN'T vibrate with new mail
  • Phone on normal sound mode, Gmail notification sound unchecked, Gmail vibrate unchecked: phone vibrates with new mail

In summary, even when Gmail notification vibrate mode is UNCHECKED, as long as the SOUND notification is checked/selected, then ONLY when the PHONE is in vibrate mode, will the Gmail app cause the phone to vibrate. All other times, as long as the vibrate mode is UNCHECKED and the phone is NOT in vibrate mode, then the Gmail app will not cause a vibrate.....

My fix is just to turn off vibrate and sound notification and just only have the notification bar notification. I'd rather have the sound notification and not the vibrate, but if I can't get the sound without the vibrate when the phone is on vibrate, then I'd rather not have the sound at all.