Phone going back to sleep when I try wake it

chesall

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Every now and then I have to struggle with trying to get into my phone. I wake it by pressing the button, and the screen lights up and if you touch it itll show the pattern lock. But after a second or two, it automatically goes blank. You have to wrestle with it until eventually the phone stops then youre clear to go in. Does anyone else experience this? I have had it happen on two separate G2s.

onlyinajeep

May 31, 2011
Visit site
This frustrated the hell out of me until I learned to keep hand from covering the proximity(?)/light(?) sensors in upper left side near the speaker when tap-tapping or turning on with button.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, do you have a screen protector on your phone that covers the proximity sensor? If so, that could be the culprit. The sensor on this phone seems to be overly sensitive.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk now Free

chesall

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks ill try keep my hand away from the top left. I have a screen protector but it doesnt cover the three spots on the top (camera, IR or something, and LED)

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This frustrated the hell out of me until I learned to keep hand from covering the proximity(?)/light(?) sensors in upper left side near the speaker when tap-tapping or turning on with button.

This morning was the first time I had an issue with waking up the phone and then having it go right back to sleep and I immediately knew it had to be that I was coving the sensor or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87