Verizon LG G2 - Aviate - New Beta Home Launcher

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had this on the G2 for about 12 hours so far and am enjoying it. I like the minimal approach. You'll need a code to enter the beta. Here is a link to a Google Doc that the community has started if you'd like to give it a try.

http://bit.ly/1iidc9I

HarvesterX?

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Question. Are you still using Aviate? I installed it as well the same day that Droid-Life announced that it was now in the PlayStore in Beta. I used it for a day (showed it off to a few curious people afterwards but that was it). We've gotten around three updates since then - I never read the changelogs though so have no clue what was changed. I do like Aviate, except it's missing a few features that make it a deal breaker though. The biggest being that it only displays in portrait mode with no options to change it. I only use my G2 in portrait while on a call or while quickly finding information. I've contacted the developers with my issues and I'm hoping they get addressed as It's a very nice Google Now orientated launcher.

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I am still using it as it is really simple for adjusting to personal and work. I like the use of Foursquare even though I don't check in. It needs to be a tad more customizable and I would like to see some more updates. I haven't noticed any since I've had it.

Posted via Android Central App

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Tried it for a bit but ever since I found the JB and kit Kat themes for the stock launcher I haven't looked back. (think it was in the Optimus G forums on xda)

jaime1822

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Is there another way to get an invite? I see a list of 200 names that still need an invite, so I'm pretty sure my chances would be slim.

Posted via Android Central App on my Big Red LG G2

foxicon

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I shall wait until it is out for all. No need to beg and wait for someone to send me a code. I have more exciting stuff in my life than testing a Beta launcher.

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there another way to get an invite? I see a list of 200 names that still need an invite, so I'm pretty sure my chances would be slim.

Posted via Android Central App on my Big Red LG G2

The invite comes in about a week. I got mine and while I'm not sure if the location and time of day changes are doing anything I need, I just love the clean look of the launcher. Something about it is just so smooth

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Tried it for a bit but ever since I found the JB and kit Kat themes for the stock launcher I haven't looked back. (think it was in the Optimus G forums on xda)

As soon as I got this phone I switched to the google now launcher but today I switched back to the stock launcher with the kitkat theme pack you mentioned and it's VERY nice!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non